San Jose, California
May 4, 2020
IT Business Analyst
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Tasks and Responsibilities:
- BAs will encourage consideration of opportunities for improvement alongside documenting current workflows that needs to be supported at project conclusion. At a minimum, BAs are expected to do the following:
- Gathers and documents functional and business requirements and collaborates with other
- IT staff, stakeholders and/or vendors to produce the desired deliverables at a level of detail sufficient for the technical team;
- Participates in research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within the organization and, if not, whether new solutions are feasible by documenting detailed As-Is and To-Be process flows;
- Conducts gap analysis in order to identify and document differences between as-is and to-be processes and solutions;
- Provides information and support to facilitate end user training including developing training material;
- Provides input and creates documentation to support business process improvement;
- Coordinates technical changes, verifying testing results, and adhering to technical and business standards compliance;
- Works with the business to develop detailed user acceptance test cases and flows; including devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments and coordinating testing;
- Attends meetings to review end user and tracking and trending issues, workflow problems, system capabilities, monitoring feedback, and potential system enhancement needs;
- Knowledge of MS office products such as MS Visio, Excel, PowerPoint as well as basic SQL code
- Training and Experience Required:
- Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field, And Three (3) years of experience providing technical and/or analytical support in the functional area(s) being supported at a level equivalent to the County’s IT Business Analyst. OR
- Six (6) years of experience providing technical and/or analytical support in the functional area(s) being supported. OR
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college, and Five (5) years of experience providing technical and/or analytical support in the functional area(s) being supported, three (3) years of which were at a level equivalent to the County’s IT Business Analyst.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.