May 4, 2020
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- The consultant will develop dimensional models, transformation solutions and provide data integration services. The data integrator role provides technical expertise to perform data integration services that support the data warehouse and reporting. These services include software changes and environment maintenance and operations. This consultant will assist staff with data architecture, modeling, data integration, and metadata modeling, dashboard development for the INVO Enhanced Management Reporting Solution. Reporting needs to be flexible to changes in the organizational structure of the Investment Office to react in a timely manner and to make sound business assumptions in real time. The solution is designed to leverage automation to prevent and limit the amount of manual data manipulation.
- Specific project releases of the INVO Enhanced Management Reporting development and support that will be developed by the consultant are allocation of branch expenses to assets under management,
- allocation of external management fees to functional groups,
- allocation of branch expenses to positions,data quality validation of external billing feeds,data quality validation of State Controller’s Office payroll data feeds and the reconciliation of said data with the accounting data feeds,Cost Effectiveness Measurement (CEM) reporting support,FITS integration and maintenance of functionality and features released previously.
- The software to be used is Oracle Data Integrator 11g. The solution involves multiple external data feeds, rule-based data quality validation checks, master data management and machine learning.
- The consultant will be required to work under the direction of the CalPERS Enterprise Analytics and Data Services Manager, work closely with ITSB staff and the Investment Finance Services team. The consultant(s) will also maintain technical documentation and provide knowledge transfer to CalPERS technical staff. Additional Tasks:
- Work on other projects (i.e., data marts, data warehouse, data platform maintenance) in addition to the INVO Enhanced Management Reporting Development and Support project. The purpose of this role is to provide necessary support to meet CalPERS business data objectives. Translate data requirements into technical specifications, development of dimensional models and validate the data warehouse meets specified requirements.
- Improve the long-term ability to provide increasing complex analytics in support of the INVO management team.
- Attend project, staff, and management meetings as required.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in electronic data processing systems study, design, and programming;
- At least three (3) years of said experience shall have included responsibility on a project basis for analyzing operational methods and developing computer programs to meet desired results,
- At least two (2) years of said experience must have been at a high level both technically and in measure of responsibility.
- Must have knowledge of electronic computer programming; electronic data processing equipment and its capabilities; principles and techniques of studying work processes for new or revised electronic computer applications; principles of designing methods of processing data; technical report writing; statistical methods.
- Must have the ability to write complex programs and develop detailed program specifications.
- Must have participated in at least two (2) successful Business Intelligence and/or Analytics projects, one of which with a budget of at least $1 million.
- At least five (5) years of experience in some or all areas of Pension, Investments/Investment Management or Financial Services.
- At least three (3) years of experience performing tasks pertaining to data integration (ETL) processes to transform disparate source data into the target data stores, data warehouses or data marts.
- At least two (2) years of experience in data integration projects using Oracle Database 11g and Oracle Data Integrator or similar ETL tools.
- At least five (5) years of experience with interpreting requirements and developing complex SQL.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.