May 4, 2020
Senior Technical Specialist
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Project Scope/Tasks: The scope of this project encompasses the following tasks:
- Participate in functional requirements gathering as needed and provide quality assurance of analysis completed by staff such as use cases, designs and design documents, or testing deliverables
- Work with application design team to design, create and enhance logical/physical data models for different functional business areas, such as retirement benefits, health benefits, and financials.
- Ensure changes fit in with the overall functionality of the data model and meet the CalPERS data modeling/database standards.
- Provide overview of logical and physical data models to CalPERS staff, including information architects, business architects, security administrators, data modelers, data administrators, data managers, data reporters and Business Intelligence (BI) staff
- Assist developer teams with answering business-related and data model questions and reviewing SQL to ensure correctness
- Review daily Database Change Requests for data model structure and CalPERS standards
- Validate CalPERS business information flow and business rules against dimensional/conceptual/logical/physical models utilizing existing documentation such as use cases and business requirements
- Work closely with CalPERS BI and Data Modeling teams to develop/design dimensional models to address different functional business areas reporting needs, such as retirement and health benefits.
- Administer changes to data models using All fusion\'s Erwin modeling tool; including developing and maintaining data dictionaries used to describe the data models and their support of the system and making structural changes to the data model
- Mentor CalPERS data modelers on best practices and data modeling tools including all Fusion\'s Erwin and Model Manager
- Attend project, staff, and management meetings as required
- Ten (10) years of experience with relational, modeling of complex systems
- Ten (10) years of pension, health care, actuarial industry experience
- Seven (7) years of work experience using Erwin Data Modeling Tool.
- Five (5) years of star schema modeling experience
- General Software development experience
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.