May 4, 2020
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Project Scope/Tasks: The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) is requesting a consultant to provide INVO technical support services related to the Global Equity portfolio construction and order management platforms, act as a technical specialist for the Public Markets Portfolio Management Process, the Multi-Asset Trading Platform Project (MATP) and other INVO projects as identified by the Global Equity or Technology Management Unit. The contract will also provide knowledge transfer to key INVO staff. The scope of this project encompasses the following tasks:
- Task 1 – Portfolio Construction Assistance
- Perform analysis, software configuration, testing, user support for the Charles River platform and/or related INVO technology including integrations and data needs
- Support of Charles River Investment Management Solution (CRIMS) in collaboration with ITSB CRIMS technical support team
- Ensure all customizations specific to CalPERS use of portfolio construction technology have adequately documented specifications
- Support the Data Integrity Group with security and position management where SQL is required to review database records and limitations of the application interfaces prevent the required updates
- Utilize established change control and management procedures to accomplish support requests and implement INVO business priorities
- Evaluate and implement new features available on investment platforms as determined by Senior Technical Specialist
- Support and acquire knowledge transfer from Senior Technical Specialist and TMU staff
- Task 2 – Global Equity Technology Projects Assistance: In support of INVO Roadmap and Program Projects contractor will be periodically called upon to support these efforts in the following ways:
- As requested, work with project team members to analyze the structure and delivery mechanisms for incoming and outgoing Charles River data or related systems
- Support as-needed analysis and input into the structure and functionality for execution services, portfolio construction, capital allocation and transition management software features
- Participate in project initiatives, perform system analysis and support the design and implementation of technical solutions.
- Task 3 – Global Equity Portfolio Management Process, Execution and Operations Support Under the direction of TMU and in collaboration with the Senior Technical Specialist:
- Provide analysis for and implementation of system and technology improvements for GE related systems as directed by INVO TMU and ensure solutions are within the INVO technology support model
- Using VBA and investment system APIs support and enhance Global Equity Excel workbooks and related add-ins for both Front and Back
- Office teams Provide analysis and support for integration of portfolio optimization platforms with Charles River including but not limited to Axioma
- Support and enhance derivative trading including system integration and position tracking using VBA, .net, SQL and appropriate API technologies
- Support and enhance currency crossing process using SQL and appropriate API’s
- Assist with trade related support including trade cost analysis, execution and settlement interfaces
- Support and enhance xml-based FIX interfaces
- Provide system analysis, design and build for the enhancement of inbound and outbound data interfaces and related tools/processes as required
- Support the public markets team with other analysis or support duties as requested
- As directed by INVO TMU, perform analysis and assist with system upgrades including CRIMS and other global equity technology platform components. Other General Tasks
- Identify and escalate issues or risks to the appropriate CalPERS parties as needed
- Provide technical and system support in collaboration with INVO TMU and Investment Technology System support staff to resolve open issues
- In support of established application and vendor management roles, direct inquiries to appropriate staff, where feasible
- As requested, research technical issues and coordinate with INVO Global Equity, INVO TMU and stakeholders, as needed, to resolve open items
- Create and/or enhance reference documentation as needed to support the business and to keep it consistent with evolving business practices and technical updates
- Communicate with direct third-party software and service providers as necessary to address identified issues, user requests and other changes to the software and process environment utilizing established change management protocols.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience analyzing complex projects for Public Sector clients; at least one years of said experience must have been at a high level technically.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) years of experience supporting end users in Charles River Investment System Version18R1 or higher.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of experience supporting end users in investment related systems.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience with Crystal Reports.
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years of experience utilizing full System Development Life-Cycle
- Must have a minimum of six (6) years of demonstrated working knowledge of SQL, relational databases, and XML
- Must have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience analyzing data and situations, identifying and solving problems, reasoning logically, drawing valid conclusions, and developing effective solutions
- Must have at least five (5) years’ experience working with Excel, including workbook automation utilizing VBA.
- Must have demonstrated experience with large-scale pension or wealth–related investment portfolio management processes and systems with AUM in excess of $100B
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.