May 5, 2020
Investment Application Development and Support
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Project Scope/Tasks: The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) Investment Office (INVO) seek a resource as the primary technical specialist for the Investment Technology Support team (ITSU) to provide the Investment Office (INVO) with application development, system maintenance and support. This consultant will provide technical analysis, application development, and support to INVO business critical execution and order management trading system (CRIMS), Investment Data Processing (IDaP) cloud architecture solution for data processes and provide technical expertise for INVO projects containing technology components affecting INVO systems. The scope of this project encompasses the following tasks:
Maintenance & Support of INVO Systems & Processes
- Assist ITSU team members in daily monitoring and support of Charles River Investment Management System (CRIMS) and Investment Data Processing (IDaP)
- Provide application design, development and support for the new IDaP 2.0 upgrade into Azure Cloud to enhance the performance and reliability
- Provide technical analysis and design for the real time web reporting functionality for IDaP data
- Provide detailed technical assistance based on existing application and scripted processes/interfaces to the various INVO projects
- Develop and support processes for file transfers to and from the different Investment Office vendors
- Maintain support and enhance web user interface to interact with custom utility
- Provide Analysis on enforcing audit controls for user access to IDaP and its data
- Mentor the ITSU team members in developing a web interface to display real-time file delivery status and job recovery notes
- Maintain documentation for all enhancements and changes made to any systems, Excel Macros Add-ins, workbooks, databases and processes for complete change history
- Support established business processes for Data Integrity Group, Equities, Fixed Income, Operations, and TMU including, but not limited to:
- Verify data loads in trade systems and correct if data fails to load
- Assist with new reports, blotters, workflow monitors, adding users to systems, privilege granting, and research
- Support trading tools, specifically Excel Macros, Add-ins, and Workbooks, provide enhancements as needed
- Provide support for the Web Application that process AM/PM SWAPS for DIG team
- Assist ITSU team members in developing CRIMS API custom coding in C#
- As directed by TMU and ITSU, develop/enhance the Investment Data Processing (IDaP) utility to monitor the files received/sent by INVO users to external vendors: Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Development of SQL Server DB triggers and stored procedures
- Administer the version controller repository of the Application and Infrastructure C# source code
- .Net development
- Azure Cloud architecture
- Mentor CalPERS staff as needed on C# and the solution design
- Create and maintain user interfaces for IDaP file transfer configurations
- Provide periodic updates on progress to TMU and ITSU; escalate issues, as needed to appropriate CalPERS staff Other General Tasks
- Provide System Administrator training to appropriate staff for application trading systems and tools
- As directed by TMU and ITSU, other tasks may be assigned as they are identified to support INVO business processes and/or system support and maintenance
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience supporting critical production systems, Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and System documentation practices.
- Minimum of five (10) years of experience with C# language skills, Object Orientated development methodologies and PGP encryption/decryption experience.
- Minimum of (10) years of experience developing/supporting software using Microsoft .NET and SQL Server technologies
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in advanced/complex Excel Macros, Add-ins and workbooks, MS Access.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience in Technical Project Management.
- Minimum three (5) years of experience performance tuning complex SQL queries.
- Minimum of (5) years of experience developing and deploying Crystal reports and/or SSRS reports
- Minimum (3) years of Investment business knowledge
- Minimum of (2 yrs.) of experience in design, development and support of software applications in a Microsoft Azure Cloud hosted environment.
- Minimum two (3) years of experience in HTTPS and SFTP/FTP tools.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.