May 5, 2020
User Experience Researcher
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Project Scope/Tasks: The California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) Investment Office (INVO) seek a resource to perform comprehensive validation and accessibility compliance test of all CalPERS Investment Office internal and external facing sites and documents as defined by the California amended government code (section 7405) and U.S. Access Board section 508 Information and Communication Technology Final Ruling as of January 18, 2017.
The scope of this project encompasses the following tasks:
- Provide both on-site and off-site consultant services
- As it relates to INVO’s external facing sites and documents, provide assessment and survey of gaps in Section 508 compliance.
- Provide remediation steps to bring INVO into compliance.
- Advise on tools and ongoing processes/procedures to maintain Section 508 compliance.
- Assist INVO with remediation process.
- The final rule also specifically lists the types of non-public-facing content that must comply. This includes electronic content used by a federal agency for official business to communicate:
- emergency notifications
- initial or final decisions adjudicating administrative claims or proceedings
- internal or external program or policy announcements
- notices of benefits
- program eligibility
- employment opportunities or personnel actions
- formal acknowledgements or receipts
- questionnaires or surveys
- templates or forms
- educational or training materials
- and web-based intranets.
- Collaborate with the CalPERS Information Technology Services Branch (ITSB) so that this work aligns with enterprise standards and provide project updates as requested. Desired Qualifications
- Previous State of California experience
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of Section 508 accessibility certification experience
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of Section 508 consulting experience for large-scale pension or wealth-related investment companies with AUM in excess of $100B
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of Section 508 consulting experience on the Salesforce platform
- Must have experience of implementing Web Content Accessibility, Section 508 Guidelines, and technologies (such as WAI-ARIA) for Governmental agencies
- Must have experience implementing Section 508 guidelines
- Must have knowledge of HTML5 and emerging web standards
- Must have experience working on website usability design and improvements involving public agency systems or projects
- Must have an understanding of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experience writing SDLC related documentation.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.