San Jose, California
May 6, 2020
Senior Network Engineer/VOIP Engineer
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participates in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of network solutions;
- Leads and/or develop the design and development of network solutions including firewalls, switches and routers;
- Responds to, manages, and restores normal service operation as quickly as possible and minimizes impact on business operations;
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves high severity issues or problems, collaborates with or guides internal or external teams during the problem resolution process as needed;
- Sets up business continuity & disaster recovery requirements, methods and procedures based on established policies;
- Participates in discussions with architecture team around standards and practices;
- Provides technical leadership to network team members and recommends training programs targeting specific areas of improvement;
- Gathers research data on vendor products;
- Reviews network schematics, diagrams, and other program documentation to assist with development and preparation of cost estimates; reviews vendor proposals for new hardware and software;
- Assists in the development of disaster recovery plans with service providers and network carriers;
- Implements contingency plans including reliable backup and restore procedures, as needed;
- Evaluates vendor solutions to ensure compliance with requirements and cost effectiveness;
- Analyzes network activity and network problems to discover and prevent systematic errors; recommends enhancements to improve systems availability and performance;
- Develops capacity planning models and load-balancing/redundancy solutions;
- Ensures disaster recovery plan testing activities are performed and technical criteria is met;
- Maintains enterprise IT standards across the network; analyze and reports on key metrics and KPIs;
- Collaborates in the overall implementation of cloud networking solutions;
- Configures, installs and tests various types of VoIP equipment including voice enabled gateways, VoIP servers, paging servers/software, phones, ACD and IVR systems
- Configures, installs and tests various network devices and services (e;g; routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, DNS and DHCP, remote access / VPN);
- Ensures deployment meets client\'s expectations;
- Monitors network activity and logs problems;
- Reviews facility bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies;
- Provides responsive support for problems found during normal working hours and outside normal working hours; Communicates status and documents problems and resolutions for future reference;
- Tracks, monitors and analyzes key metrics and KPIs;
- Notifies management when contract requirements are not being met;
- Determines requirements impact on existing architecture, work processes, and systems;
- Assesses network performance to ensure that it meets the present and future needs; analyzes facility bandwidth requirements and system interdependencies;
- Training and Experience Required: Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field And
- Nine (9) years of relevant networking work experience,
- At least one (1) year of Network Engineer experience with California State.
- Three (3) years of the total experience must include migrating and/or extending on-premises networks to the cloud.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.