May 6, 2020
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Project Scope/Tasks:
- The California Public Employees\' Retirement System Enterprise Solutions Development Division (ESDD) is seeking onsite Application Development services. As a member of the ESDD, the consultant will undertake duties and responsibilities as an application developer on critical system change efforts and provide ongoing support for delivery of well-rounded IT solutions. Consultant will lead efforts for enhancing the my(MCP) system along with performing analysis, design, development (coding), testing, documentation, implementation, functional enhancement, and maintenance of the system. The work primarily involves the consultant acting as a subject matter expert to perform a range of work, from moderate to highly complex, time sensitive, and critical work for the MCP system. The scope of this project encompasses the following tasks:
- Facilitate and lead Joint Application Requirements (JAR) and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with customer representatives, developers, testers and other technical staff to ensure the customer’s needs are being met.
- Document and maintain as-is and to-be process flow documentation including business activities and diagrams.
- Create and maintain business requirements document, design artifacts and requirements traceability matrix.
- Analyze business scenarios and identify impacts to staff and customers.
- Work with team members to ensure that the designed products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as defined by the requirements.
- Ability to work independently and use existing functional design documentation and online help documentation to further understand functionality.
- Perform analysis and development of IT business processes to ensure adherence to sound business process and IT best practices for internal and external customer support and communications.
- Attend project, staff, and management meetings.
- Attend change advisory board (CAB) meetings and ensure all enhancements to the system are properly documented and evaluated prior to going to CAB.
- Collaborate with IT and business program support staff to develop detailed test plans which include integration, system, and User Acceptance Test.
- Assist test personnel with the development of test scenarios and scripts.
- Execute test scenarios and scripts, track and document defects.
- Develop and provide test results for review.
- Collaborate with various IT and program area staff to triage defects and issues.
- Participate as an active member of the testing team to ensure the solution delivered is tested properly and traceable to the documented requirements.
- Provide training and mentoring to CalPERS’ team members to expand their functional knowledge, analysis skills, and technical skills sets. Testing
- Collaborate with IT and business program support staff to develop detailed test plans which include integration, system, COTS upgrades, and User Acceptance Test
- Align test plan, design and execution with the Enterprise Test Office methodology, standards, policies, and procedures
- Conduct peer reviews
- Schedule and coordinate batch jobs
- Execute test scenarios and scripts, track and document defects; develop and provide test results for review
- Collaborate with various IT and program area team members to define and document Level of Effort assessments for testing the applications supporting Pension and Health lines of business
- Collaborate with various IT and program area staff to triage defects and issues
- Participate as an active member of the testing team to ensure the solution delivered is tested properly and traceable to the documented requirements
- Provide detailed documented technical knowledge transfer to ETO staff on the test planning, preparation, execution activities and processes
- Attend and/or facilitate meetings as needed
- Provide weekly status reports and inform management of any issues that require escalation
- Understand the my|CalPERS system and CalPERS technical environments
- Utilize the following test tools: HP Application Lifecycle Management, IBM ClearCase, and IBM ClearQuest.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience supporting web application running on Oracle 11g and writing and troubleshooting SQL code.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD), Joint Application Requirements (JAR) meetings, conducting design and code peer reviews.
- Must have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience using Spring with Model View Controller (MVC) Framework and Spring Web Services.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience designing and tuning SQL for performance.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience using tools including but not limited to Clear Case, Clear Quest, Application Lifecycle Management, Oracle SQL Developer, and Eclipse IDE.
- Experience in utilizing technology to perform complex data analysis.
- Experience working with Adobe Experience Manager Designer or a similar forms development tool.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.