May 7, 2020
MCP System Maintenance and Support - Business Analyst/Tester
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Project Scope/Tasks: The California Public Employees\' Retirement System (CalPERS) Enterprise Solutions Development Division (ESDD) is seeking onsite Business Analyst/Tester services. As a member of the ESDD, the consultant will undertake duties and responsibilities as a business analyst/tester on critical system change efforts and provide ongoing support for delivery of well-rounded IT solutions. They will lead efforts for enhancing the systems development by ESOD along with performing analysis, design, testing, documentation, implementation, functional enhancement, and maintenance of the system. The work primarily involves the consultant acting as a subject matter expert to perform a range of work, from moderate to highly complex, time sensitive, and critical work. This includes all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and maintenance lifecycle including support for User Acceptance Test (UAT). In addition, the consultant will also act as the technical subject matter expert on complex projects. The consultant will participate with other team members on projects of a complex nature or broad scope.
The scope of this project encompasses the following tasks:
- Facilitate and lead Joint Application Requirements (JAR) and Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with customer representatives, developers, testers and other technical staff to ensure the customer\'s needs are being met.
- Document and maintain as-is and to-be process flow documentation including business activities and diagrams.
- Create and maintain business requirements document, design artifacts and requirements traceability matrix.
- Analyze business scenarios and identify impacts to staff and customers.
- Work with team members to ensure that the designed products and components work together to meet the objectives and performance goals as defined by the requirements.
- Ability to work independently and use existing functional design documentation and on line help documentation to further understand functionality.
- Perform analysis and development of IT business processes to ensure adherence to sound business process and IT best practices for internal and external customer support and communications.
- Attend project, staff, and management meetings.
- Attend change advisory board (CAB) meetings and ensure all enhancements to the system are properly documented and evaluated prior to going to CAB.
- Collaborate with IT and business program support staff to develop detailed test plans which include integration, system, and User Acceptance Test.\'
- Assist test personnel with the development of test scenarios and scripts.
- Execute test scenarios and scripts, track and document defects.
- Develop and provide test results for review.
- Collaborate with various IT and program area staff to triage defects and issues.
- Participate as an active member of the testing team to ensure the solution delivered is tested properly and traceable to the documented requirements.
- Provide training and mentoring to Cal PERS\' team members to expand their functional knowledge, analysis skills, and technical skills sets. Testing
- Collaborate with IT and business program support staff to develop detailed test plans which include integration, system, COTS upgrades, and User Acceptance Test
- Align test plan, design and execution with the Enterprise Test Office methodology, standards, policies, and procedures
- Conduct peer reviews
- Schedule and coordinate batch jobs
- Execute test scenarios and scripts, track and document defects; develop and provide test results for review
- Collaborate with various IT and program area team members to define and document Level of Effort assessments for testing the applications supporting Pension and Health lines of business
- Collaborate with various IT and program area staff to triage defects and issues
- Participate as an active member of the testing team to ensure the solution delivered is tested properly and traceable to the documented requirements
- Provide detailed documented technical knowledge transfer to ETO staff on the test planning, preparation, execution activities and processes
- Attend and/or facilitate meetings as needed
- Provide weekly status reports and inform management of any issues that require escalation
- Understand the myCalPERS system and CalPERS technical environments
- Utilize the following test tools: HP Application Lifecycle Management, IBM ClearCase, and IBM ClearQuest.
- Five (5) years\' in project work in technical writing to include: development of business requirements, technical requirements, detailed analysis and design documents.
- Five (5) years\' experience in project work in the BPR arena;
- At least three (3) years of said experience must have been at a high level both technically and in measure of responsibility.
- Five (5) years\' experience in project work in facilitating requirements, analysis and design, and Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions.
- Must provide services developing, updating, and/or maintaining technical documents (program specs, system documentation, standards, procedure manuals, conversion of existing documentation) and user manuals (Technical Writing).
- Must have experience in the analysis, design, development, installation, implementation, and/or technical support duties within specified data processing systems, multifunction office automation systems, microcomputer systems, and/or teleprocessing networks.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.