San Jose, California
May 7, 2020
Senior Consultant - Microsoft Business Intelligence
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for analytical data processing and reporting projects, from requirements through design, development, testing and implementation.
- Use a variety of analytical tools and techniques to extract data from source systems to package and present it back to business stakeholders to facilitate their decision making.
- Engage on development and support multiple concurrent work efforts, including multi-stakeholder work streams or meetings that may span a broad range of applications and works in multiple technical environments and business that span multiple business areas.
- Analytical products may take several forms including reports, dashboards, scorecards, infographics, and data visualizations like maps, charts and graphs.
- Responsible for business analysis, documenting business requirements, documenting technical requirements, and developing the analytical products.
- Responsible for Microsoft full-stack BI development: Analyze, design, code, test, debug, maintain, and document.
- Responsible for quality assurance review and mentorship and knowledge transfer to other developers and team. Fluent in SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, and PowerBI.
- Translation of business needs into feasible and acceptable data-centric semantic layer designs
- Conducts peer review and guidance on other\'s analytical applications and reports
- Develops county-wide business intelligence solutions, information “views” and complex reports
- Develops analytical applications and reports based on detailed specifications
- Identifies and validates the appropriate analytical applications for various business intelligence needs
- Provides analytical and technical support/coaching for requests, projects or initiatives, in their field of specialization
- Works closely across teams (e.g., stakeholder, Business Analysts, Data Analysts and/or Applications to identify reporting opportunities and solutions, in their field of specialization
- Works with management to prioritize reporting and analytics needs
- Reviews business intelligence needs and provides impact analysis for pending data source or software changes, or releases, in their field of specialization
- Designs detailed specifications for writing new analytical applications and reports, including appropriate distribution methods, in their field of specialization
- Develops internal procedures that are used in conjunction with business intelligence and team enterprise standards
- Develops time estimates for business intelligence projects
- Ensures User Acceptance via Testing, Sign-off; meets requirements and is actionable to business
- Identifies inefficiencies in queries and optimizes for best performance
- Analyzes data and reporting results; validates data to ensure analytics are extracting the correct data; and ensures statistical sample size validity, where appropriate
- Consults with customers to identify and evolve their business intelligence requirements
- Creates analytical applications and reports based on detailed specifications
- Develops and maintains analytical and reporting specification and process documentation; train and provide knowledge transfers to developers on the team
- Maintains ongoing documentation of the appropriate business intelligence solutions for various reporting or data extract needs
- Extracts and prepares data from appropriate systems; develops and deploys query parameters, visual layouts, and filters
- Trains customers in business intelligence systems usage
- Uses Master Data Management (MDM) definitions, and works with Data Stewards to create new definitions, for accurate output labeling
- Works with teams to do needs analysis to determine business intelligence needs; gathers report data objectives, data required and specifications
- Propagate BI adoption, best practices across technology and business
- Provides guidance to other BI developers and helps them align to best practices
- Designs, builds and deploys BI solutions within Microsoft BI stack and other best-of-breed BI tools
- Maintains and supports data analytics and visualization platforms
- Leads or contributes to evaluation of BI platforms, development of BI strategies in Technology and Business Units
- Develops in-depth understanding of data environment and leverages knowledge to build robust, scalable solutions
- Develops subject matter expertise (data and processes) and applies to development of solutions
- Performs data research / profiling and applies results to solution design
- Trains / guides other BI team members
- Identifies and implements appropriate continuous improvement opportunities
- Collaborates with teams to integrate systems
- Develops and updates technical documentation
- Design and develop the following: data modeling, data warehouse, SSIS packages, SSAS cubes and reports using the tools / technology outlined in the Experience section
- Document all design requirements
- Document development work
- Use development collaboration and change management tool to check in all changes
- Training and Experience Required:
- Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field,
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.