Columbia, South Carolina
May 8, 2020
CL - Network Engineer - Project Lead
About The Opportunity
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- The intent of this work order is to supplement the DOR Support and Maintenance functions focusing on infrastructure and internet technology support. Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as support specialist reporting directly to the Network Infrastructure area of South Carolina DOR. Responsible for providing technical and troubleshooting expertise for Agency network/systems components assigned. Tasks include but not limited to installations, updates, configurations, and troubleshooting of assigned systems. Also documenting and flowcharting these systems in a timely manner. Provides consulting/helpdesk, technical expertise and support for customers on agency technical projects, applications, and network usage by both telephone and direct contact. This support will result in fault isolation and correction with the results properly documented using the helpdesk system. Working closely and effectively with agency and/or vendor support personnel is expected. Must effectively research and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring network infrastructure and security. Engineer must be a team player that ensures the stability and integrity of network, data and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server and infrastructure systems. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group.
- Experience in these areas would be a plus: NIST, PCI, Pub 1075 environment, PowerShell, and Change Management.
- Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as an engineer reporting directly to a functional manager. Contractor will be a team member that ensures the stability and integrity of data, and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server infrastructure. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES: Non-Technical
- Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets. Technical
- Responsible for providing technical and troubleshooting expertise for Agency network/systems components assigned.
- Perform equipment and software upgrades .
- Provides consulting/helpdesk, technical expertise and support for customers on agency technical projects, applications, and network usage by both telephone and direct contact.
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products.
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned. REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Problem Solving Skills
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot computer and network problems
- Organizational Skills
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Experience in projects involving PC I/ NIST/STIG/Pub1075 security implementations and / or audits.
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, TACACS
- Load Balancer
- Network Access Control
- Voice over IP
- Change Management
- Disaster Recovery
- PowerShell REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor\'s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and four (4) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, an Associate\'s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and six (6) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, or a High School diploma and eight (8) years of experience in information technology systems or related area.REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):• Firewall• Router• Switch • Problem Solving Skills• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot computer and network problems• Organizational Skills• Verbal Communication Skills• Written Communication Skills
- Administrative Organizational Skills Yes 1
- Administrative Problem Solving Skills Yes 1
- Administrative Verbal Communication Skills Yes 1
- Administrative Written Communication Skills Yes 1
- Desktop/PC Support • Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot computer and network problems Yes 1
- Protocols Firewall Yes 1
- Specialties Router Yes 1
12 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.