San Jose, California
May 15, 2020
Senior Systems Administrator / Storage Engineer / DR Engineer
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manages technical changes, verifying testing results, and monitoring technical standards compliance and deployment;
- Participates in long-term infrastructure administration planning efforts with IT groups;
- Assists with development of infrastructure administration cost/time estimates;
- Analyzes data from monitoring activities and define comprehensive, system wide improvements;
- Actively monitors and publishes the availability plan discussing the ability of the IT infrastructure to meet the availability requirements of the customer;
- Develops and maintains metrics around the system and institutes a process for continuous improvement; defines and ensures continuous monitoring procedures are set according to the standard procedures and requirements;
- Assists with the design and may lead execution of backup and disaster recovery plan for IT infrastructure;
- Monitors production, outputs, and services to help ensure that SLAs/OLAs, and other quality metrics, are being met;
- Gathers required information for reporting on security issues; analyzes audit trails to detect systematic security violations; makes recommendations to improve security and participates in investigations as needed; and implements security measures needed to address security issues and/or enhance security posture of the infrastructure;
- Provides technical support and administration for complex IT infrastructure to include support for servers, storage, backup and replication systems, IAM and core IT infrastructure applications;
- Maintains reliability, performance and availability of IT infrastructure and applications;
- Develops new alerts and monitoring techniques;
- Writes reviews and/or maintains technical documentation for production environments;
- Reports on key systems administrative metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Provides coaching/mentoring to team members;
- Evaluates, develops and implements enhancements to improve the reliability, scalability, sustainability, and availability of the infrastructure environment;
- Performs software installations and upgrades to IT infrastructure systems and
- applications; applies server infrastructure system updates, patches, and configuration changes;
- Troubleshoots problems by analyzing root causes and evaluating solution alternatives;
- Provides feedback and recommendations on requirements based on health check results;
- Collects and maintains tracking and configuration documentation and plans;
- Supports and participates in the formal reporting of project status;
- Gathers data pertaining to customer needs, and uses the information to identify, predict, interpret, and evaluate system requirements;
- Training and Experience Required: Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field;
- Six (6) years of experience installing and supporting infrastructure hardware and software, applications, and operating systems. Three (3) years of this experience must be at the County’s Systems Administrator level.
- Local California Government experience required OR
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college;
- Eight (8) years of experience installing and supporting infrastructure hardware and software, applications, and operating systems. Three (3) years of this experience must be at the County’s Systems Administrator level.
- Local California Government experience required
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.