San Francisco, California
May 19, 2020
ITS Program Support
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Providing project management services focused on technical aspects of ITS projects (i.e., no budgetary oversight).
- Developing and maintaining project management plans, including system engineering management plans (SEMPs), that provide details for technical implementation, system integration, and quality controls.
- Reviewing the SFMTA’s existing ITS service architecture to ensure compliance with the project’s technical requirements, and compliance with applicable system engineering standards and best practices.
- Conducting detailed reviews of existing or proposed ITS designs, including reviews of hardware and software functionality, performance, data, and design-limitation
- requirements. Developing and presenting to the SFMTA written recommendations for proposed design approaches, including descriptions of any technical and cost efficiencies related to those approaches. Incorporating SFMTA-approved recommendations into the system design documents.
- Developing system integration and interface control documents for new ITS projects.
- Developing system-integration acceptance test plans and procedures.
- Participating in system verification and validation activities, including supporting field testing and system acceptance tests, troubleshooting issues, and analyzing and documenting the results.
- Integrating existing ITS interfaces with new systems.
- Providing engineering and testing support for implementation of new ITS projects, including reviewing and responding to submittals and requests for information, preparing and reviewing change orders, and providing technical support.
- Overseeing, tracking, and documenting changes in SFMTA-approved designs and requirements of the field environments.
- Verifying and documenting that SFMTA contractors perform operations, measurements, and inspections in accordance with applicable contract requirements. For example, review operational manuals and as-built drawing submittals.
- Overseeing the installation of new software and hardware updates.
- Working with project team to define and update the requirements verification traceability matrix (RVTM).
- Designing, developing, and implementing data integration opportunities.
- Participating in comprehensive system and performance testing and safety certifications.
- Overseeing the installation of systems to ensure compliance with specifications, standards, codes, regulations, and documentation requirements.
- Working with project team to review and prepare cutover plan and implement cutover procedures for transitions to new systems.
- Reviewing and assist SFMTA contractors to develop technical training material.
- Participating in system performance evaluation and auditing.
- Writing ETL (extract, transform, and load) logic to automate data collection and reporting processes/pipelines including data quality and monitoring.
- Providing system engineering support including communications systems analysis, special engineering of GPS driven systems, strategic analysis of Muni’s human and automated systems, systems integration, safety processes, configuration management, and related work as requested by the SFMTA.
- Providing as-needed specialized technical support of the Radio and CAD/AVL Communications while a vehicle is in service.
- Experience Required:
- 10 years of experience working in transit design or systems integration.
- 10 years of experience working as train-control engineer at a transit agency, railroad or consulting firm.
- Specific train-control engineer experience (i) Vital and non-vital train control circuits (ii) Vital and non-vital train control software (iii) Block design (iv) Code charts (v) Test documents for interlocking and other field equipment (vi) Train control specifications (vii) Experience in railroad signaling/wayside, traction power, and communications validation testing
- 3 years of experience providing design review and project implementation support on CAD/AVL field installations of other transit agencies.
- Specific experience in (i) Wireless coverage analysis (ii) System capacity analysis (iii) FCC regulations (iv) Frequency acquisition for radio spectrum (v) ITS CAD/AVL transportation communication projects (vi) Interoperable radio system (vii) Mobile voice and data radio transmission system and analysis and design (including developing or reviewing drawings, specifications, test plans, and procedures) (viii) Microwave system design (ix) Communications facility design (x) Land mobile radio (xi) Local area / wide area networks (xii) Underground radio systems (xiii) Radio system installation and testing (xiv) Electromagnetic field analysis (xv) Large-scale public safety radio system design Technical project/program management experience
- 10 years of experience with system engineering of ITS.
- 10 years of experience working with transit systems
- PMP, SCM, PMI-ACP certifications
- 5 years of experience in managing concurrent large, complex, highly-visible enterprise-level projects using appropriate project management methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- 5 years of experience collaborating with contractors and in-field personnel such as construction managers and resident engineers and inspectors. System Integration experience
- 10 years of experience with system integration.
- 5 years of experience working with transit systems.
- 5 years of experience with database services, ETL processes.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.