San Francisco, California
May 19, 2020
Information Technology Network Infrastructure Support
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conducting analysis of existing IT network architecture and recommending solutions to optimize performance, and assisting with the implementation of recommendations.
- Working with SFMTA staff to establish a networking environment. For example, installing, configuring, testing, and documenting the equipment/network systems according to the design and specifications.
- Working collaboratively with SFMTA staff to assist with day-to-day networking tasks to ensure network reliability, availability, and serviceability within minimal interruption.
- Providing technical support, analysis, and solutions to reported IT network problems.
- Working with SFMTA staff to configure firewall security settings to access permissions groups for individuals, and setting up provisions for incoming data.
- Supporting IT network upgrade or expansion projects. For example, installing hardware or software, and performing integration testing.
- Producing documentation for installation, network topology, and troubleshooting of communications hardware or software.
- Testing and designing solutions to ensure the IT network is secure with vulnerability management built in.
- Supporting existing configuration of the IT network, and developing new solutions that leverage networking protocols, including OSPF, BGP, HSRP, multicast, SIP, QoS, VLANs, and MPLS.
- Analyzing, identifying, and troubleshooting radio frequency issues and working with SFMTA staff to manage the spectrum.
- Installing and configuring wireless backhaul radios (e.g., Proxim, Siklu, Radwin) when needed.
- Experience Required:
- 10 years of experience analyzing, installing, configuring, enhancing, and/or maintaining the components of an enterprise network.
- 5 years of enterprise network experience implementing and supporting large, distributed networks.
- Experience supporting LANs and WANs using STP, EIGRP, BGP, VPN, etc.
- Experience building and supporting WANs and LANs, layers 1-7.
- Experience with CCNA/CCNP.
- Experience with implementation of protocols so other technicians can troubleshoot work performed and previous configurations.
- Wireless LAN experience using Cisco\'s WLC/WISM/WCS/NCS line of products.
- Experience supporting Palo Alto firewalls.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.