San Francisco, California
May 19, 2020
Java / Middleware Engineer Support
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Description: The SFMTA’s middleware function supports the movement of data between internal, cloud-based, and third-party IT systems, which include the systems used by or for commuter shuttles, bike and scooter shares, taxis, payments, Salesforce, scheduling, and vehicle tracking, among others. The SFMTA currently uses Talend enterprise service bus (ESB) and Kafka to build application programing interfaces (APIs) that receive, queue, and transfer data to our partners and throughout SFMTA internal systems. The SFMTA is also exploring serverless architecture in the cloud for building and maintaining data pipelines. Tasks and Responsibilities: • Developing data integrations and APIs to ingest and share data to external business partners and the public. • Performing data validation, API development, and creating methods to receive and post data. • Managing and assisting to deploy ESB infrastructure, including writing and editing ansible deployment scripts. • Developing standard operating procedures to secure web services based on industry best practices. • Turning on API logging and creating reports to measure the availability of the web services.
- 5 years of experience in functional/object-oriented programming skills in Java, Scala or other JVM language in Linux and Windows environment.
- 5 years of experience creating and consuming web services using REST and/or SOAP.
- 5 years of experience with SQL, ELT/ETL and data warehouse related skills.
- 5 years of experience with DevOps toolsets like Jenkins, Maven, and Artifactory.
- 5years of experience designing/deploying applications utilizing containerized microservice architecture.
- 5 years of experience scaling distributed storage and compute technologies and ensuring key components are highly available.
- 1 years of experience with Talend Enterprise Service Bus.
- Experience with Azure, Amazon Web Services or other cloud environment.
- Experience with spatial analytics.
- Experience with Kafka and Flume, Spark and/or HDFS and Kudu or related technologies.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.