San Jose, California
May 21, 2020
IT Security Specialist
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Responsibilities and Typical Tasks:
- Lead and conduct review of processes, policies, procedures, security, and configuration controls of existing systems as well as proposed controls of new systems
- Conduct a thorough analysis as problem areas are discovered
- Participate in risk assessment and planning discussions to define audit objectives, scope, and develop audit programs based on the defined objectives
- Work autonomously in an area of specialization to analyze internal security and provide relevant information to internal and external customers, suppliers, and partners
- Attend meetings with internal staff to conduct interviews with management and staff of the assigned audit area, as necessary, to gain an understanding of the respective processes and the controls governing the assigned audit area
- Review documentation for all stages of the audit, ensuring complete and accurate audit results as well as compliance with department and County standards
- Analyze findings and test results and arrive at sound fact-based conclusions and appropriate recommendations for problem areas noted
- Identify risks, controls and gaps within a process or systems
- Draw conclusions and provide recommendations in a clear, concise and constructive manner, both orally and in writing
- Communicate with departmental representatives and CISO staff with regards to status of audits/projects
- Conduct follow-up work, as necessary, to evaluate corrective action taken by management to resolve previous IT audit observations and ensure County compliance with policies, laws, and regulations
- Present to various County staff on Audit Procedures and Audit Findings as well as recommendations
- Research and apply industry best practices while challenging an organization or status quo
- Ensure the effective accomplishment of audits according to the audit plan
- Provide knowledge transfer to County internal team members by leading knowledge transfer sessions.
- Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field
- Relevant experience with a Local California governmental entity or other state government is highly preferred.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.