Raleigh, North Carolina
May 26, 2020
Network/Telecom Specialist- Senior
About The Opportunity
NCDST needs an individual that can operate at an expert level with VMware virtualization environments, mid to high-end Cisco networking, and Dell/EMC Unity, VNX, and VXRail storage.
- This position will:
- Provide advanced technical work in supporting and implementing supported infrastructure technologies.
- Provide consultation, and/or training to team members and other staff regarding supported infrastructure technologies.
- Supported infrastructure technologies include: Microsoft Active Directory, server hardware/software, network hardware/software, storage hardware/networking, helpdesk, virtual environments, email encryption/retention, Microsoft clustering/load balancing, and disaster recovery for the Department of State Treasurer (DST).
- Plan and manage resources and scheduling for small projects.
- Assist management in strategic IT planning, and participate in applications development, and system and network design and integration.
- Effectively support clients and provide technical guidance to technicians and analysts.
- Interact with a broad range of clients and/or technology support employees requiring very strong communication skills and ability to use a wide range of technical resources for providing technical support to clients. Management Preferences:
- Experience managing layer II and layer III networks.
- Experience with Cisco networking, supporting and troubleshooting TCP/IP networks, experience managing Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience with configuring and managing Microsoft clustering and network load balancing.
- Experience with VMware and proficiency in supporting Windows operating systems.
- Experience with PowerShell.
- Experience with storage and SAN technologies. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
- Ability to lead and manage technical projects of varying scale under minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate initiative in solving unexpected problems associated with projects and daily work.
- Ability to research and implement appropriate new technologies.
- This position requires an in-depth understanding of a wide variety of technologies, substantive and methodological expertise pertinent to enterprise systems management.
- Very strong communication skills and ability to use a wide range of technical resources to communicate solutions to technicians, analysts, other specialists, and other affected personnel to aid their future problem-solving ability.
- Ability to integrate knowledge and skills from a range of technologies to address work assignments and problems of moderate to high complexity.
- VMware Virtualization administration Required 5 Years
- Cisco infrastructure administration (switching and routing) emphasis on Nexus and Catalyst equipment Required 5 Years
- Experience managing layer II and layer III networks. Required 5 Years
- Experience with PowerShell. Required 3 Years
Dell/EMC Storage arrays emphasis on VNX, Unity, and VXRail deployments Highly desired 3 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.