May 26, 2020
User Experience Designer
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- The scope of this project encompasses the following tasks:
- Web framework and modules that are accessed by our internal stakeholders, members, and public using myCalPERS Member Self Service, CalPERS Internet and Intranet, and other webbased applications supported by the UX Team.
- Provides resource augmentation to UX Design staff. Works with the CalPERS UX Design Services Unit and adheres to the established CalPERS UX Design methodology and processes.
- Creates design documentation including user-centered flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, content documents and other user-centered analysis work products (User Scenarios, Personas, Customer Journeys, and Task Profiles).
- Conducts user research using various techniques to evaluate usability, such as focus groups, interviews, surveys, and usability testing.
- Creates usability test plans, participant criteria/screeners, moderator scripts, and other usability test materials, as needed.
- Develops prototypes for usability testing, as needed.
- Conducts research and creates design documentation for a collection of reusable components/patterns, guided by clear standards, that can be assembled together to build any number of applications, also known as a Design System.
- Participates in project working sessions and Joint Application Requirements/Design (JAR/D) sessions. Provides UX design requirements and provides input for development of Use Case documentation.
- Collaborates with project team consisting of business analysts, solution architects, developers, testers, program staff, and others to prepare project deliverables, documentation, schedules, and other materials.
- Designs interactions and interfaces from a consumer-oriented perspective to meet standard architecture/best practices for optimized user experience. Ensures that designs conform to established CalPERS patterns for user experience design.
- Creates designs using responsive web design for array of omni-channels such as desktop, tablets, and mobile devices.
- Ensures that interface designs follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 AA conformance level and its success criteria, and subsequent versions for accessibility and CalPERS Web Accessibility Policy.
- Designs and validates for cross-browser compatibility.
- Participates and provides guidance on how the UX Design team can streamline and create a leaner process for design documentation.
- Provides knowledge transfer to user experience team members in the form of documentation, mentoring, and training.
- Provides technical project management assistance, as needed.
- Knowledge of accessible mobile and progressive web application design and testing.
- Excellent communication skills both writing and oral.
- Performs other duties as assigned by contract manager.
- Prepares weekly status reports and submit monthly timesheets.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience with user interface design patterns, design systems, and human-user centered design methodologies.
- Must have the ability to create highly usable and accessible user experiences for multiple communication channels including web, mobile, and tablet.
- Experience creating user flows, wireframes, and visual designs.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Balsamiq tools.
- Experience with project management and software development lifecycles.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and requirements, including Section 508 and WCAG 2.1 AA conformance Level and success criteria. This knowledge must span multiple technologies including web pages, web forms, PDF documents, streaming media and mobile applications.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Self-motivated, highly organized and able to work in a team environment that is fast-paced.
- Experience working collaboratively and driving design solutions across multi-disciplinary groups and omni-channel experiences.
- Experience working on government or pension systems.
- Knowledge of CalPERS lines of business and systems.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.