Columbia, South Carolina
May 27, 2020
CL - Database Administrator - Project Lead
About The Opportunity
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- This specific Statement of Work is for a contractor that demonstrates an expert knowledge of Microsoft SQL 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019 Windows Server 2012/2016/2019 and Windows 10. Must possess advanced knowledge in database architecture in a STIG hardened environment. Must know how to script/code and automate administrative tasks (PowerShell.) Serves as Senior Database Administrator and a primary contact for DBA in planning and implementing a strategic plan for deploying Database Management projects while providing oversight of Project Coordinators and Technical Support Staff for Database Administration projects to establish and manage the Agency\'s database infrastructure environments. Evaluates and determines the appropriate hardware, software, and or operating system required for successful implementation and ongoing maintenance ensuring that database performance and integrity meet SLA\'s while addressing all aspects of the project life cycle. Advises management & teams in developing DBA compliance documentation to guide engineers in confirming that compliance standards are incorporated into the agency’s processes, initiatives, and development of information systems. Oversees DBA analysts in classifying information assets across the agency based on the data classification schema. Analysis of physical and logical design of databases for Database Application Systems. Conducts feasibility studies and makes recommendations to Senior Management. Leads planning initiatives with Senior Management to discuss Database and Application security, needs and make recommendations to Management for Database improvements and upgrades. Establishes and maintains contact with Vendors for software support and problem resolution. Maintains advanced knowledge of industry best practices and enhancements in database software.
- Must effectively research and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring database infrastructure and security, assisting in supporting disaster recover/failover scenarios. Engineer must be a team player that ensures the stability and integrity of network, data and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server and infrastructure systems. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group.
- We will look to this individual to document recommendations on improvements along with high level estimates on associated work effort. This individual will need to work with various application and infrastructure groups to understand data requirements for each area of the organization. Design documentation will need to be produced documenting final deployment details along with support procedures as needed.
- DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets. Technical
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor and assess current systems and recommend hardware and software enhancements.
- Act as technical resource for other IT analysts and business units by resolving complex computer equipment and systems problems.
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to hardware, software, or operator error, and resolve or repair.
- Escalate complex problems to other groups, Help Desk, or vendors for resolution or for support under maintenance agreements; oversee vendor work.
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and maintain system and application hardware, software, and peripherals for users; install and configure servers in collaboration with WAN group.
- Perform equipment and software upgrades.
- Lead and execute small projects.
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products.
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers.
- Qualified candidate will be responsible performing root cause analysis/resolution.
- Mentor and lead junior staff members.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- MS SQL SERVER 2014-2019
- BACKUP SOFTWARE OF SQL SAFE AND LITESPEED
- EXPERIENCE IN PROJECTS INVOLVING PCI/ NIST REGULATIONS, IMPLEMENTATIONS AND / OR AUDITS
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- USER ACCESS PERMISSIONS AND ROLE BASED ACCESS CONTROLS
- ACTIVE DIRECTORY
- IT NETWORK, VIRTUAL ENVIRONMENTS, DATABASE, AND STORAGE
- LOCAL AREA NETWORK (LAN)
- UNDERSTANDING OF COMPUTER AND NETWORK OPERATING SYSTEM FUNDAMENTALS (E.G. OPERATING SYSTEMS, APPLICATIONS, STORAGE, NETWORKING)
- VIRTUAL LAN (VLAN)
- WINDOWS SERVER 2012 R2 / 2016
- ORGANIZATIONAL SKILLS
- VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- STIG HARDENING
- Experience in projects involving Pub1075 regulations, implementations and / or audits
- HYBRID CLOUD ARCHITECTURE
- HYPERCONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE
- Shell Scripting REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor\'s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and two (2) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, an Associate\'s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and four (4) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, or a High School diploma/GED and six (6) years of experience in information technology systems or related area. PREFERRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Multiple Industry Certifications in field. MCP, MCSE
12 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.