May 28, 2020
Site Reliability Engineer - DevOps
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Background: The Mission Support Alliance (MSA) require consultant related to the Information Management work scope at Hanford. MSA is looking to implement DevOps principles and is seeking a hands-on Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer responsible for automating all aspects of building and hosting within Microsoft Azure and the on-premise environment.
- The consultant will be responsible for setting up the automation for the hosting infrastructure, and operations to provide developers on-demand access to tools and environments. Description of Work:
- Integrate core infrastructure automation with testing and deployment platforms.
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines to maintain fully automated, highly available, zero downtime releases.
- Design, implement and maintain infrastructure as code, used by multiple engineering teams.
- Build, scale and support high-availability production and development systems in Microsoft Azure.
- Work closely with teams to automate deployment and configuration of infrastructure to support roll out of data products/projects.
- Configure build pipelines to support automated testing and deployments using tools.
- Help refine DevOps security practices (including regular security patching, minimum-permissions accounts and policies, etc.) in compliance with federal government standards and implement, and verify them, using tools to analyze and verify compliance.
- Education: BS in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated Site Reliability Engineering/DevSecOps Principles
- Basic understanding of data center architectures (servers, networking, storage, physical hardware, virtualization, etc.)
- Expertise with Containers and Orchestration
- Experience with Configuration Management platforms (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Strong automation, problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through to completion.
- Experience with Government entity is highly preferred.
- Experience implementing infrastructure monitoring, application monitoring, web applications and telemetry systems.
- Experience with Azure DevOps and/or GitHub
- Passionate about continuous improvement in process and services.
- Experience hardening and maintaining secure systems (NIST, HIPAA or PCI experience desired)
- Experience with high scale, distributed, 24x7 systems and applications
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.