May 29, 2020
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Project Scope/Tasks:
The scope of this project encompasses the following tasks:
- Provide consultation and participate in the design, installation, maintenance and operations of the most complex data center, WAN, and cloud automation technologies, including but not limited to Software Defined Networking (SDN); Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN); Network Function Virtualization (NFV); and private, public and hybrid cloud network orchestration and automation.
- Develop, recommend, implement and document network and hybrid cloud specifications and maintenance standards.
- Implement and support system and network automation using scripting languages such as Python, Ansible, Shell, YAML, Json and POSTMAN.
- Participate in the development and implementation of disaster recovery designs, operational plans, and processes for network and cloud computing.
- Perform expertise in implementing the network solution with routing protocols, including BGP, MPBGP, OSPF, EIGRP and IS-IS.
- Makes recommendation in telecommunication engineering related to fiber, copper and radio connectivity for wide area network (WAN); local area network (LAN); and voice technology offerings.
- Develop voice solutions and integrate with an existing telecommunication system; maintain the quality of traffic for contact center, traders and business users.
- Research, analyze and recommend new automation and orchestration tools and strategies; changes to existing tools and strategies; virtualization; cloud and network orchestration; and network security automation systems to achieve greater economy and efficiency and eliminate obsolete platforms.
- Write and maintain software to solve complex network management and monitoring tasks, including: deploying and auditing configuration, health monitoring, metric collection, capacity planning, visualization and alerting of network devices.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and customers of CalPERS to identify and document current and anticipated business needs.
- Communicate extremely complex data center, WAN and cloud network automation concepts and solutions to internal and external customers, peers, and executives in a manner that enables understanding of the business value of technology solutions.
- Provide guidance and counseling to network staff to support their technical and professional development; to facilitate knowledge transfer and cross training; and to ensure the organization is prepared for succession planning.
- Provide daily operational support of the Cisco voice and data network environments and training (knowledge transfer) for the configuration and operation of these network environments. This will include support Cisco routers, Cisco switches, Next Generation Firewalls, Cisco Call Manager and F5 Load Balancers. Knowledge Transfer:
- Collaborative Documentation
- Develop procedures and job tools to transfer knowledge.
- Prepare and provide documentation of best practices and lessons learned during project and operational support
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in supporting and maintaining complex Datacenters, LAN, WAN and security infrastructure.
- Must have three (3) years of experience in designing, implementing and supporting Software Define Networking (SDN), Software Defined Wide Area Network (SD-WAN) and hybrid cloud infrastructure.
- Five (5) years of experience in supporting the large routing, switching and security infrastructure.
- Network Automation – Ansible, Python and Postman
- Current certification in any of the below
- Cisco CCIE
- Cisco CCNP
- Cloud Architect
- F5 Technical Specialist
- Relevant experience with Local or State government entity with same Department or Other Equal level Department is highly preferred
- Cloud Experience
- SDN and SD-WAN – A minimum if 2 years of working and implementation experience on the provider grade or large network.
- Routing, Switching and Security – Candidate should have working experience with EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
- F5 – Working experience on the LTM, GTM and ASM
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.