Columbia, South Carolina
May 29, 2020
CL - Internet / Web Engineer - Consultant
About The Opportunity
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- DEVELOPMENT, MIGRATE, AND MAINTAIN DIFFERENT WEBSITES FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF ADMINISTRATION.
- DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Department of Administration (Admin) is seeking a senior web developer. Developers in this position work within the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), with particular emphasis on developing/coding websites. Responsibilities include helping to architect complex solutions by participating in meetings as part of proposal and requirements gathering process and thoroughly understanding customer requirements, turning designs and user interface mockups into functional websites. Applicant must be able to provide supervisor with outlined tasks and dates to successfully complete customer projects on time and within budget. Will write software for both back-end and front-end functionality of website. Will work with a CMS such as Drupal and WORDPRESS and use, develop, or modify advanced features and modules. Will work with maintaining and converting existing PHP applications. Applicant must be able to collaborate effectively with creative team during the creative process, provide technical leadership, and assume overall accountability for a successful implementation on all customer projects. Applicant must be able to deliver effective training to customer personnel of various skill levels and technical capabilities. Applicant must be proficient in HTML/CSS and client-side scripting libraries, understanding what it takes to develop websites that are cross-browser and standards compliant, and meet accessibility/disability requirements. Applicant must be able to integrate websites with existing internal applications or third-party/open-source platforms. Applicant must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, understand how to tactfully communicate difficult/sensitive information, and resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner. Responsibilities include on-call evenings, weekends and holidays to cover system emergencies and updates. REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 5+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE IN CODING/DEVELOPING/DEBUGGING WEB-BASED APPLICATION SOFTWARE IN A TEAM DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENT
- 5+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE DEVELOPING SOFTWARE USING OPEN SOURCE TECHNOLOGIES; LINUX, PHP, AND DRUPAL 8 AND WORDPRESS
- 5+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE IN HTML, DHTML, CSS, DREAMWEAVER, AND ADOBE FLASH
- 5+ YEARS’ EXPERIENCE WITH REALATIONAL DATABASES SUCH AS SQL OR MYSQL.
- EXTENSIVE WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF THE ADOBOE PHOTOSHOP.
- EXPERIENCE LEVERAGING EXISTING CMS MODULES
- FULL CYCLE CMS DEPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE: INSTALLATION, CONFIGURATION AND PRODUCTION
- EXPERIENCE IN CONFIGURING APACHE WEB SERVER
- WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF RESPONSIVE CSS STYLE SHEETS
- ABILITY TO RE-MEDIATE SECURITY ISSUES WITHIN DEVELOPED APPLICATION CODE, DRUPAL MODULES, AND CORE FILES
- ABILITY TO APPLY DRUPAL OR OTHER CMS PATCHES
- KNOWLEDGE OF BEST PRACTICES IN WEB DESIGN
- WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF ADOBE CAPTIVATE
- DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO DEVELOP FILLABLE FORMS USING ADOBE PRO
- DEMONSTRATED ABILITY TO DEVELOP ORIGINAL GRAPHIC DESIGNS SUITABLE FOR USE IN PROFESSIONAL-LEVEL WEBSITE DEPLOYMENT
- MUST HAVE EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS AS WELL AS EXCELLENT ANALYTICAL SKILLS.
- ABILITY TO TEACH, TRAIN, AND TRANSFER KNOWLEDGE. PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAMP STACK FROM AN APPLICATION ARCHITECTURE AND SYSTEM INFRASTRUCTURE ASPECT. REQUIRED EDUCATION: BACHELOR’S DEGREE OR EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE• EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE LAMP STACK FROM AN APPLICATION ARCHITECTURE AND SYSTEM INFRASTRUCTURE ASPECT.
- Database Platforms MS SQL Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Miscellaneous web based applications Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Operating Systems/APIs Linux Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Programming Languages DHTML Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Programming Languages HTML Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Programming Languages PHP Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Specialties Drupal Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Web Tools Adobe Photoshop Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Web Tools Dreamweaver Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Web Tools WORDPRESS Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.