Columbia, South Carolina
June 1, 2020
CL - Internet / Web Engineer - Consultant
About The Opportunity
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- Under general supervision reporting to the SC DOR Site Solutions Services Manager, serves as a Web & SharePoint Administrator responsible for supporting the agency’s internet and intranet environments. The Web & SharePoint Administrator provides maintenance, technical support, and consulting services for the agency’s internet and intranet applications and infrastructure.
- The Web & SharePoint Administrator participates in the design and development of internet/intranet systems, may work independently or as a part of a team, may serve as senior technical staff member for assigned projects, and may coach more junior technical staff. General Characteristics:
- Integrally involved in the development and support of all Internet/Intranet/Extranet sites and supporting systems. Works closely with other IT groups and customers to define the system design and user interface based on customer needs and objectives. Participates in all phases of the development and implementation process. Ensures the integration of the web servers and all other supporting and interfacing with relational databases. Be knowledgeable of best-practices for building secure web applications. Responsible for developing client-side scripting and server-side application code. Extensive knowledge in using programming languages such as Visual C#, HTML, and ASP.net. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as secondary administrator for the design, development, implementation and testing of on-premise SharePoint and other web technologies, including cloud-based solutions, utilized at the Department of Revenue.
- Serves as technical lead for monthly SharePoint Updates for all on-premise farms in both test and production environments. This includes the planning, scheduling, deployment, and testing of the updates each month.
- Serves as Application Administrator for on-premise business intelligence platform, coordinating production deployments of business reports, and performs system troubleshooting as required.
- Provides web support and coordinates activities for SCDOR web pages, design, and implementation.
- Provides 2nd level helpdesk support and consulting for customers on applications hosted on internet and intranet environments, both by telephone and direct contact.
- Provides user support in placing content on external and internal pages, and with other web technologies and applications.
- Assist with the installation, administration, and support of all hardware and software necessary for SCDOR SharePoint farms and associated application server infrastructures.
- Responsible to mentor and lead junior staff members.
- Performs related duties as required.
- REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- experience in installation, configuration, and administration of SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- technical knowledge and proficient in SharePoint technologies
- Customer Focused
- Experience in system/application administration of Power BI Report Server
- Knowledge of & experience with business intelligence report development and data models.
- knowledge of & experience with using IIS
- experience with Windows Server administration (2012/2016/2019) REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and six (6) years of experience in a related field, or an Associate’s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and eight (8) years of experience in a related field, or a high school diploma and ten (10) years of experience in a related field. Related experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s degree on a year-for-year basis.
- PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral)
- ability to manage multiple tasks
- ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures (information security)
- ability to coordinate and work well with others
- Limited hands-on experience with cloud-based solutions PREFERRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Industry Certifications in field, such as:
- MCSE: Productivity
- MCSE: SharePoint
- MCSD: SharePoint Applications• Experience in system/application administration of Power BI Report Server• Knowledge of & experience with business intelligence report development and data models.• ability to communicate effectively (both written and oral)• ability to manage multiple tasks• ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures (information security)• ability to coordinate and work well with others• Limited hands-on experience with cloud-based solutions
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.