Columbia, South Carolina
June 1, 2020
CL - Data/Information Architect - Consultant
About The Opportunity
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- CANDIDATE SHOULD POSSESS A PROJECT LEAD LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE OF IBM Z/OS OPERATING SOFTWARE. CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO INSTALL, MAINTAIN AND TROUBLESHOOT IBM Z/OS OPERATING SYSTEMS AND VARIOUS SOFTWARE PRODUCTS SUCH AS JES2, , DB2, VTAM, RACF AND CICS. ABILITY TO WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND TO WORK OUTSIDE OF NORMAL WORK HOURS AS NEEDED IS REQUIRED.
- DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- PROJECT LEAD LEVEL ARCHITECTURE, IMPLEMENTATION, SUPPORT AND ADMINISTRATION OF THE IBM Z/OS OPERATING SYSTEM. EMPLOYEE MUST WORK INDEPENDENTLY AND LEAD THE PLANNING WHILE MEETING IMPOSED TIMELINES. DAILY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- INSTALL AND CONFIGURE OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE TO REQUIRED VENDOR SPECIFICATIONS. THOROUGHLY TEST SOFTWARE INSTALLATIONS AND PROVIDE NECESSARY DOCUMENTATION. COORDINATE AND INFORM TEAM MEMBERS AND CUSTOMERS OF IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS.
- APPLY MAINTENANCE TO SYSTEM SOFTWARE PRODUCTS ENSURING SOFTWARE REMAINS AT SUPPORTED RELEASE LEVELS. THOROUGHLY TEST SOFTWARE INSTALLATIONS AND PROVIDE DETAILED DOCUMENTATION. COORDINATE AND INFORM TEAM MEMBERS AND CUSTOMERS OF IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS.
- ASSIST IN THE MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT OF MAINFRAME RACF SECURITY.
- ASSIST TEAM MEMBERS WITH DAILY FUNCTIONS AND PROVIDE BACKUP SUPPORT AS NEEDED. BE AVAILABLE WHEN SCHEDULED FOR ON-CALL ASSIGNMENT AND TAKE OWNERSHIP OF ASSIGNED TROUBLE TICKETS UNTIL RESOLVED.
- ASSIST IN THE DEVELOPMENT, TESTING AND IMPLEMENTATION OF DISASTER RECOVERY PROCEDURES FOR MAINFRAME ENVIRONMENTS AND PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED.
- REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE): MAINFRAME Z/OS OPERATING SYSTEM SOFTWARE, JES2, TCP/IP, VTAM, SMS, RACF, FTP, PGP, UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION, AND CICS DB2, MAINFRAME ARCHITECTURES, DISASTER RECOVERY, DOCUMENTATION SELF STARTER, ABILITY TO WORK WITH END USERS
- REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: BACHELOR’S OR MASTER’S DEGREE IN A RELEVANT FIELD OF WORK OR EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE (15 YEARS)
- Communication Self starter Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Database Platforms DB2 Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Education College Degree No 2
- Miscellaneous Ability to deal effectively with the needs of technical peers, technical and user management, users, vendors, and staff members, and to communicate clearly and effectively in spoken and written form Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Miscellaneous Ability to work with end-users Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Operating Systems/APIs CICS Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Operating Systems/APIs IBM z-Series mainframe Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Operating Systems/APIs JES2 Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Operating Systems/APIs Operating System Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Operating Systems/APIs UNIX Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Operating Systems/APIs z/OS Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
- Protocols NCP/VTAM Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Quality Assurance (QA) Disaster Recovery Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
- Software Framwork mainframe architectures Yes 1 Lead Currently Using 6 + Years
- Specialties Documentation Yes 1 Expert Currently Using 4 - 6 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.