June 1, 2020
Enterprise Data Reporting
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Project Scope/Tasks:
The scope of this project encompasses the following tasks:
- Research, analyze, design and implement appropriate IBM Cognos/Oracle Business Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) data reporting solutions for business users based on any outstanding/future requests
- Enhance and maintain mylCalPERS and Business Intelligence (BI)Production Reporting system
- Meet with customers, gather requirements, do the business analysis and create Report Specification documents
- Design and develop reports using Cognos or OBIEE tool
- Design and develop SQL for reports
- Integrate external Application to Cognos/OBIEE to trigger/run reports
- Integrate Cognos to batch processes to be able to run/create and save reports using Cognos SDK
- Maintain the existing package(s) and suggest for ways of improving the performance and maintainability
- Performance tuning of Cognos and OBIEE applications - both on reports, framework side and server/infrastructure aspects
- Maintain existing Framework Manager packages and build new packages as per reporting needs
- Maintain existing Oracle Repository (RPD) metamodels and build new models as per reporting needs
- Update design and technical specification documents for on-going report modifications
- Maintain knowledge of CalPERS data models and data dictionary for the purpose of maintaining Cognos and OBIEE reports and enhancing user awareness of business data;
- Create and update Report Data column mapping to database tables and columns documentation
- Maintain security of CalPERS data assets through the administration of Cognos and OBIEE features
- Maintain proper security of Cognos and OBIEE Objects and implement data level security on reports to restrict data visible to users
- Educate and provide knowledge transfer to report developers and business users on Cognos tool and best practices
- Work with Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse/report developers to validate if it caters to current report needs and build/assist in redesigning the reports to source from warehouse
- Work with Application team to identify performance bottlenecks and suggest improvement plans
- Design, develop and deliver data extracts from CalPERS databases and data warehouses
- Work with Middle-Tier team and manage software upgrades, patches and back-up as needed
- Work with product vendors to provide application support and bug fixes as needed.
- 6 years of applied experience developing reports using Cognos Report Studio and Framework Manager.
- 6 years of applied experience with Cognos functional administration and version upgrade
- 3 years of applied experience using Cognos 11, and production support of reporting system
- 3 years of applied experience using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- 3 years of applied experience with OBIEE functional administration, and Oracle Repository (RPD)
- 5 years of CalPERS, or similar retirement systems, business knowledge.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.