Columbia, South Carolina
June 2, 2020
CL - Systems Software Programmer - Advanced
About The Opportunity
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- DOR has implemented Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) as its tool set for forms and workflow development. DOR wishes to engage a systems software programmer experienced in AEM. The following position description details the skills and tasks that are required of the systems software programmer.
- Under general supervision, the contractor will serve as a systems software programmer reporting directly to a functional manager. Contractor will be a team member that ensures the stability and integrity of data, and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server infrastructure. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group. KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the implementation of AEM including design, definition, and development of AEM content type models, workflows, templates, and components, and use permissions that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
- Analyze existing programs or formulates logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharts, performs coding and tests/debugs programs.
- Prepare and obtains approval of system and programming documentation
- Configure system settings and options; plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing and creates specifications for systems to meet business requirements.
- Assist in deploying applications to Dev, QA, Production environments and migrations. Follow best practices for secure web programming and deployment. Adhere to internal best practices with respect to coding standards, unit test coverage, automation, and continuous integration.
- Work closely with Team or vendor to ensure sound practices regarding site architecture, performance and reliability, and content delivery are in place. Perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and client service standards. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES: Non-Technical
- Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets. Technical
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions for customer issues related to backup configuration and recovery.
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Perform equipment and software upgrades
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 7 - 10+ years full life cycle software development experience.
- 3+ years Adobe AEM. Need version 6.2 or higher.
- Adobe Forms and Analytics.
- 4+ years of Java development, design and coding experience.
- Agile methodology.
- Strong SQL.
- Extensive experience in full software development lifecycle.
- Extensive experience applying code management principles.
- Ability to mentor and lead small application teams.
- Strong business analysis skills with architecture and implementation experience. REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor\'s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and four years of experience in information technology systems or related area.
- PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with business users, management, vendors, and peers.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills.
- Ability to learn new applications and skills sets.
- Hands on business knowledge of business processes.
- Familiarity with EDMS fundamentals and design.
- Limited hands on experience with cloud-based solutions . PREFERRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Multiple Industry Certifications in field.Required 3 years of Adobe AEM experience- Importance 1. Level Advanced. Used in last 90 days. Experience-Advanced.• 7 - 10+ years full life cycle software development experience. Importance 1. Level Advanced. Used in last 90 days. Experience-Advanced.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.