Columbia, South Carolina
June 2, 2020
CL - Network Administrator - Project Lead
About The Opportunity
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- This specific Statement of Work is for a contractor that demonstrates an advanced knowledge of Solarwinds, monitoring tools, network administration. Environment is Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, Windows 10, in a highly secure environment. Networking inventorying will be one of the duties. Supported applications involve Internet technologies in Microsoft .Net Framework and related web enabled components. Must know how to script/code and automate administrative tasks. Must effectively research and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring network infrastructure and security, assisting in supporting disaster recover/failover scenarios. Engineer must be a team player that ensures the stability and integrity of network, data and server services through monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all server and infrastructure systems. This individual has 24/7 on-call responsibilities shared with the group.
- We will look to this individual to document recommendations on improvements along with high level estimates on associated work effort. This individual will need to work with various application and infrastructure groups to understand data requirements for each area of the organization. Design documentation will need to be produced documenting final deployment details along with support procedures as needed.
- General duties include managing internal systems, effectively researching and provide guidance leading to solutions with our strategic direction initiatives, monitoring system infrastructure and security, and assisting in supporting disaster recover/failover scenarios.
- This intent of this work order is to provide implementation and maintenance support on the network and networked systems at the SC Department of Revenue. DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES: Non-Technical
- Effectively interact and communicate with peer to Director-level IT professionals.
- Provide feedback to team regarding product issues, enhancements and new features.
- Must have initiative, drive and be a self-starter.
- Ability to ask pertinent questions of others.
- Proactively seek to identify, communicate and implement process related improvements.
- Effectively manage multiple tasks and activities concurrently and able to provide periodic status updates to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate extensively with peers and management to resolve client issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge network that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our clients.
- Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity, and effectively manage the resolution of all issues within accepted service levels. This includes ownership of the data entered into the Helpdesk system and appropriately updating both client and appropriate employees of status of all issues on a timely basis.
- Responsible to mentor and lead junior staff members.
- Good customer skills, be attentive to detail, and responsive to customer tickets. Technical
- Troubleshoot and recommend technical solutions.
- Develop workaround solutions as appropriate.
- Monitor and assess current systems and recommend hardware and software enhancements.
- Act as technical resource for other IT analysts and business units by resolving complex computer equipment and systems problems.
- Diagnose and resolve problems related to hardware, software, or operator error, and resolve or repair.
- Escalate complex problems to other groups, Help Desk, or vendors for resolution or for support under maintenance agreements; oversee vendor work.
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and maintain system and application hardware, software, and peripherals for users; install and configure servers in collaboration with WAN group.
- Perform equipment and software upgrades.
- Lead and execute small projects.
- Maintain familiarity with current computer and network products.
- Adhere to corporate information security guidelines and promote information security among coworkers.
- Qualified candidate will be responsible performing root cause analysis/resolution.
- Responsible to mentor and lead junior staff members.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
- REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Advanced knowledge of Solarwinds, monitoring tools, network administration, including WPM, SAM, UDT and WHD
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot computer and network problems
- Problem Solving Skills
- Basic knowledge of QRadar, monitoring tools, network administration
- Advanced scripting or development to assist in automation, reports, alerting
- Experience in projects involving PCI/ NIST/Pub1075 security implementations and / or audits.
- Develop Admin Procedures
- Organizational Skills
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Change Management REQUIRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and four (4) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, an Associate\'s degree in information technology systems, computer science, or related field and six (6) years of experience in information technology systems or related area, or a High School diploma and eight (8) years of experience in information technology systems or related area.
- PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM
- Disaster Recovery
- Develop Admin Policies
- Intermediate knowledge of QRadar, monitoring tools, network administration
- Incident Handling
- Cyber Security and SOC skills PREFERRED EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Multiple Industry Certifications in field. CCNP, CCDP, MCP, MCSE, PCNSE, VMWare, or experience in information technology, security, or related areas.Required• Advanced knowledge of Solarwinds, monitoring tools, network administration, including WPM, SAM, UDT and WHD• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot computer and network problems• Problem Solving Skills• Basic knowledge of QRadar, monitoring tools, network administration • Advanced scripting or development to assist in automation, reports, alerting• Experience in projects involving PCI/ NIST/Pub1075 security implementations and / or audits.• Develop Admin Procedures• Organizational Skills• Verbal Communication Skills• Written Communication Skills• Change ManagementPreferred• Knowledge of networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, MLLP, NDM• PowerShell• Disaster Recovery• Develop Admin Policies• Intermediate knowledge of QRadar, monitoring tools, network administration• Incident Handling• Cyber Security and SOC skills
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.