Buncombe,Durham,Wake,Forsyth,Pitt, North Carolina
June 3, 2020
IT Support Specialist- Mid Level
About The Opportunity
The NC seeks an experienced, highly motivated individual to serve as an IT Support Specialist to provide support for production information technology including hardware/software configuration and support of all information technology components.
- ***THIS CONTRACT WILL BE FOR 520 hours***
- This contractor will ON-SITE work in and around the Buncombe,Pitt County,Wake County,Durham County,Forsyth County office. IT Support Specialist
- Participate in end-of-life refresh of PC/laptops.
- Support personal computer systems by installing, configuring, and maintaining hardware and software for judicial staff. This includes peripherals such as printers, scanners, copiers, etc.
- Provide customer support to Judicial Staff in accordance with Service Level Agreements set forth by the NCAOC\'s IT department.
- Provide support to local area networks by installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting LAN hardware and software that includes file servers, routers, switches, wireless and other telecommunications equipment.
- Interface with Judicial Branch staff and local government officials.
- Listen to customers to identify problems, then make necessary corrections or assist vendors in corrective actions.
- Assist in moves and relocations of judicial facilities, including courthouses and other office locations.
- Participate in large technology deployment projects that may include statewide software updates, wireless installs, and eCourts initiatives. Work is generally performed in an office environment. Occasional lifting of heavy objects is required. Applicant should be able to lift 75 pounds. As part of the process of configuring personal computers, exposure to hazardous electrical computer components may occur requiring extreme caution to be taken. Overnight travel to locations across the state as required.
- This position reports to the IT Support Supervisor. Work hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday but some evening, weekend, and holiday hours are required for projects and priority service desk calls.
- Knowledge of: Ethernet topology networks; Windows 7/10; Office 2013/2016/365; Windows Server 2008/12; computer systems to ensure that all components will integrate properly; software packages such as TN3270, SharePoint Designer, and Adobe Professional; AD servers, routers, voice gateways, wireless access points and switches; and integration of all components.
- Skills in: installing personal computers and peripherals (e.g., printers, scanners, cameras, fax machines, and audio-video equipment); using individual components; listening and communicating with customers to identify concerns, analyzing needs, and determining hardware/software solutions; rigorous problem solving; and providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to: work independently to analyze customer’s needs and resolve technical problems; manage time to meet schedules; prioritize tasks according to customer needs; communicate highly technical information to non-technical users; troubleshoot hardware and software problems involving local area networks and personal computer systems; manage critical incidents, identify problems, make necessary corrections, and/or assist vendors with resolutions.
- Active Directory Desired 3 Years
- Office 2013/2016/O365 Required 3 Years
- TN3270 Highly desired 3 Years
- Wireless Access Points Highly desired 3 Years
- Imaging and installing PC/laptops Required 3 Years
- Printer troubleshooting Required 3 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.