Columbia, South Carolina
June 4, 2020
CL - Database Administrator - Project Lead
About The Opportunity
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- The Department of Social Services has a large Relational Database Management Systems’ (RDBMS) environment consisting of approximately 1,015 databases (490 production). This request is for a senior-level database administrator position to lead lead the security, availability, maintenance, and support of this environment.
- DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position will lead the security, availability, maintenance, and support of our SQL environment.
- Monitors our SQL environment to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
- Work collaboratively to meet team goals/mission.
- Exercises considerable latitude, discretion, and independent judgment in determining technical objectives of assignments.
- Participates in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different team members to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Designs, develops, implements, and maintains database, procedures, and functions that accommodate changing business priorities and technological changes while providing availability, scalability, performance, recoverability, reliability, and security.
- Acts as liaison for SQL Server DB security, performance, integration, migration, upgrade, storage, support, and replication strategies.
- Interacts with project management and Agile development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and database development objectives.
- Documents, tracks, and escalates issues as appropriate.
- Routine operation maintenance including installations, upgrades, patching, monitoring, and auditing.
- Ensures standards are met and procedures are followed.
- Manage and prioritize multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously.
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated.
- Provide after-hours or weekend maintenance as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Database Administration Expert 6+ Years
- Backup/Recovery Expert 6+ Years
- Performance Tuning Expert 6+ Years
- RDBMS Expert 6+ Years
- SQL Server Expert 6+ Years
- T-SQL Expert 6+ Years
- Failover Clusters Expert 4-6 Years
- High-Availability Expert 4-6 Years
- DMVs Expert 4-6 Years
- SSIS Services Expert 2-4 Years
- SSRS Expert 2-4 Years
- Profiler Expert 4-6 Years
- SQL Tuning Expert 2-4 Years
- Database planning, scaling, and capacity planning Expert 2-4 Years
- SQL Server 2008R2 Expert 4-6 Years
- SQL Server 2012 Expert 4-6 Years
- SQL Server 2014 Expert 2-4 Years
- SQL Server 2016 Expert 2-4 Years
- ETL Advanced 2-4 Years
- SSAS Advanced 2-4 Years
- Verbal Communication Advanced 4-6 Years
- Written Communication Intermediate 2-4 Years
- PowerShell Intermediate 1-2 Years
- RedGate Toolset Intermediate 2-4 Years
- SDLC Advanced 2-4 Years REQUIRED EDUCATION:
- Bachelor\'s DegreePlease see required skills below for full list:Database Administration Expert 6+ YearsBackup/Recovery Expert 6+ YearsPerformance Tuning Expert 6+ YearsRDBMS Expert 6+ YearsSQL Server Expert 6+ YearsT-SQL Expert 6+ YearsFailover Clusters Expert 4-6 YearsHigh-Availability Expert 4-6 YearsDMVs Expert 4-6 YearsSSIS Services Expert 2-4 YearsSSRS Expert 2-4 YearsProfiler Expert 4-6 YearsSQL Tuning Expert 2-4 YearsDatabase planning, scaling, and capacity planning Expert 2-4 YearsSQL Server 2008R2 Expert 4-6 YearsSQL Server 2012 Expert 4-6 YearsSQL Server 2014 Expert 2-4 YearsSQL Server 2016 Expert 2-4 YearsETL Advanced 2-4 YearsSSAS Advanced 2-4 YearsVerbal Communication Advanced 4-6 YearsWritten Communication Intermediate 2-4 YearsPowerShell Intermediate 1-2 YearsRedGate Toolset Intermediate 2-4 YearsSDLC Advanced 2-4 Years
12 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.