June 4, 2020
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- The MSA IM organization requires Software Engineering support and specialization in support of various legacy, customized and Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) applications. DESCRIPTION:
- Provide software engineering support to create, develop, operate and maintain software programs at the Hanford site. Software engineering support also includes the assessment, maintenance, documentation, modernization, testing, and implementation functions.
- Responsibilities may include the support of legacy systems and the production of new systems.
- SES requires a software engineer who will provide development and support for a variety of customized applications, as well as Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products.
- Support and development will include .NET, and other programming languages with back-end databases developed in Structured Query Language (SQL) Server.
- Support also includes the operation and maintenance support for legacy systems and applications.
- Support also includes the operation and maintenance support for legacy systems and website applications. The software engineer should be able to:
- Troubleshoot software production issues
- Develop SQL databases and establish interfaces
- Develop using .NET technology, as well as other programming languages
- Understand and follow established Software Development Process
- Assist with providing estimates
- Assist with gathering requirements from customers
- Develop technical documentation
- Communicate effectively with good written and communication skills The software engineer will work with other project software engineers, interface with the project managers, and meet with customer subject matter experts as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/IT/related field OR a minimum of 5 years’ equivalent experience in computer application development OR a combination of education and work experience (2 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of formal education)
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience in a multi-platform environment including, but not limited to application development or database development
- 2-3 years’ experience in development of applications using .NET technology
- 2-3 years’ experience in SQL or Oracle design/support
- 2-3 years’ experience with MS Visual Studio
- 1-2 years’ experience with Team Foundation Server or other source control technology
- 1-2 years’ experience in writing software life-cycle documentation
- Ability to work in a multi-task, multi-project development environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Ability to work during non-standard business hours
- 5-8 years’ experience using .NET technology
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a Software Development Agile environment
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.