Raleigh, North Carolina
June 10, 2020
Sr Project Manager
About The Opportunity
The NC Department of Health and Human Services is in need of a senior project manager to manage the procurement and implementation of a Statewide IT project
- The NC Department of Health and Human Services is a senior project manager to manage the implementation of an statewide IT project. This lead project management role will work with the selected COTS vendor to complete implementation of the system. This position will manage the day to day activities for the project and complete all input to the State Project Management (Touchdown) system. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: authoring all project management artifacts following the practices and guidelines from the PMI’s PMBOK, developing the detailed project budget, monitoring expenditures, developing and maintaining all required State CIO project documentation, serving as an IT management liaison to the business client, leading and performing hands-on analysis of the business and technical environments, supervising implementation activities, ensuring that project plans and schedules are established and maintained, ensuring that deliverables are completed timely and accurately, supervising staff (State and contractual staff), conducting formal presentations, coordinating with all project stakeholders and ensure that appropriate project controls are instituted.
- The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills. This position will be responsible for working with senior-level business executives, IT personnel, and business program resources to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Project management experience, preferably with large, complex automation implementation efforts involving vendor managment Required 7 Years
- Demonstrated Project Management experience on system deployments with multiple clients Required 7 Years
- Proven track record of delivering IT projects within budget, scope and schedule. Required 7 Years
- Objective decision-making ability based on strategic objectives priority, business performance analysis and resource availability Required 0
- Hands on experience managing project risk, cost, schedule, quality, testing, and communications. Required 7 Years
- Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills. Required 0
- Demonstrated presentation, training skills, oral and written communication skills. Required 0
- Solid work experience with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) Required 7 Years
- Hands on experience managing application acceptance testing. Required 7 Years
- Demonstrated technical architecture/infrastructure knowledge and experience, including experience with multiple hardware platforms and operating syste Required 7 Years
- Experience with MS Office Required 7 Years
- PMI certification Project Management Professional (PMP) Highly desired 0
- State Government experience Highly desired 0
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.