June 10, 2020
Data Cleaning Specialist
About The Opportunity
This project resource will work with the Michigan Department of Corrections to review, analyze, evaluate, validate, organize, coordinate, and lead MDOC, Agency Services, and DTMB teams to cleanse and migrate legacy system data
- This project resource will review, analyze, evaluate, validate, organize, coordinate, and lead the activities of MDOC, Agency Services, and DTMB teams to cleanse and migrate legacy system data to a sophisticated enterprise-level software suite. This resource must be experienced in coordinating and communicating the efforts of multiple groups of technical and business groups (e.g. enterprise architecture analysts, database administrators, data scientists, business analysts, ETL developers, business subject matter experts, quality assurance and testing resources, and end users) in conjunction with a third-party software vendor. This project resource will also be responsible for developing and maintaining a system capable of tracking all assigned tasks. This position will work within the project control office and report to the project’s program manager.
- Demonstrable leadership and communication skills will be a highly desired skill set. A special emphasis will be placed on leadership and communication skills required to ensure clear, concise, and correct data cleansing and migration requirements, design, development, testing, and deployment activities are completed by the technical and business teams. Data cleansing and migration activities must be completed prior to the project’s quality assurance team scheduled large-scale testing efforts.
- This position has a high probability of being extended past the end date listed.
- Experience in formulating data cleansing and migration in conjunction with business teams, technical teams, and software vendors. Desired 10 Years
- Experience in coordinating and leading multiple technical and business teams with data cleansing and migration efforts within the context of a large s Required 5 Years
- Experience documenting data cleansing and migration plans, and explaining such plans to technical teams, business teams, and vendors. Required 5 Years
- Experience working with information technology teams while implementing new processes involving new software. Required 3 Years
- Experience using enterprise data cleansing and migration tools. Required 5 Years
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools for documenting data cleansing and migration plans. Required 4 Years
- Expert verbal and written communication with client management, technical team, project management, business management, and business staff in English Required 8 Years
- Experience in identifying data cleansing and migration risks and assisting in the resolution of project issues. Required 5 Years
- Experience as database administrator. Desired 4 Years
- Experience as a business analyst. Desired 4 Years
- Experience drafting requirement traceability matrices and test plans for requirement validation Desired 3 Years
- Experience working within a large IT project team Desired 4 Years
- Professional experience in working with end users on data cleansing tasks. Desired 2 Years
- Experience working within projects involving vendor owned, designed, and hosted solutions. Desired 2 Years
- Experience with State of Michigan SUITE methodology and related documentation. Desired 2 Years
- Experience working directly for a Corrections Department as a business analyst focused on large-scale enterprise IT systems. Desired 1 Years
- Industry Credentials Desired 0
- Bachelor’s degree Desired 0
- Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, business administration, or related business field. Desired 0
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.