June 12, 2020
Jr Software Engineer
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Background: The MSA IM organization requires Software Engineering support and specialization in support of various legacy, customized and Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) applications. Tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide software engineering support to create, develop, operate and maintain software programs at the Hanford site. Software engineering support also includes the assessment, maintenance, documentation, modernization, testing, and implementation functions.
- Responsibilities may include the support of legacy systems and the production of new systems.
- SES requires a junior software engineer who will provide development and support for a variety of customized applications, as well as Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products. Support and development will include .NET, and other programming languages with back-end databases developed in Structured Query Language (SQL) Server. Support also includes the operation and maintenance support for legacy systems. The software engineer should be able to:
- Troubleshoot software production issues
- Develop SQL databases and establish interfaces
- Develop using .NET technology, as well as other programming languages
- Understand and follow established Software Development Process
- Assist with gathering requirements from customers
- Assist with developing technical documentation
- Communicate effectively with good written and communication skills
- The junior software engineer will work with other project software engineers, interface with the project managers, and meet with customer subject matter experts as needed.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science/IT/related field OR a combination of education and work experience (2 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of formal education)
- 1 years’ relevant experience in a multi-platform environment including, but not limited to application development or database development
- 1-2 years’ experience in development of applications using .NET technology
- 1-2 years’ experience in SQL or Oracle design/support
- Ability to work in a multi-task, multi-project development environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Ability to work during non-standard business hours
- 2-3 years’ experience using .NET technology
- 1-2 years’ experience with Team Foundation Server or other source control Technology.
12 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.