Columbia, South Carolina
June 15, 2020
CL - Business Analyst - Project Lead
About The Opportunity
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- The Replacement MMIS project is among the most complex IT projects taken on by the State’s Department of Health and Human Services. This project is a multi-year effort to replace many of the State’s aging Medicaid systems with modern technologies and supporting business operations.
- OBJECTIVES TO BE FULFILLED BY CANDIDATE:
- The principal duties of this position are to develop and maintain business rules along with associated artifacts such as requirements and models. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Familiar with Agile Methodology as it relates to completing sprints and working on tasks
- Develop business rules and requirements via interviews, translation of governing documents and other means
- Conduct JAD Sessions with the Product Owners and business owners
- Must have experience in performing detailed analysis and creating documentation
- Strong user support and interpersonal skills are required.
- Must have strong analytical skills, the ability to think logically, and must be a self-starter able to research and find solutions independently
- Serve as team expert on Claim Adjudication, Reference, Waiver Programs, Business Rules, Provider Enrollment, MITA 3.0, and related topics
- Assist other team members in performing business rules and requirements
- Research and maintain business rules and requirements PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- MMIS experience (project or operations)- Experience and ability to obtain business rules and requirements information by interviewing business personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents
- REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 8+ years’ experience in government IT projects as a business analyst or related duties
- 6+ years’ experience eliciting, mining, and documenting business rules/processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Understanding of State/Commercial Medicaid Claims, Claims Payment Cycle, Waiver Programs and Reference
- Ability to effectively communicate to executive management, program management, project management, and team members
- Experience and ability to obtain business rules and requirements information by interviewing business personnel and by mining laws, regulations, and policy documents
- Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to write requirements and Use Cases.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.