San Jose, California
June 15, 2020
Senior Business Systems Analysts
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Responsibilities and Typical Tasks:
- Keeps current on new features and functionality to create recommendations for process improvements, best practices and utilization of the systems;
- Conducts research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within the organization and if not, whether new solutions are feasible;
- Considers the impact to current and future business environments and processes, assessing upstream & downstream effect of system and reporting changes;
- Coordinates and participates in the evaluation of new module releases;
- Interacts with others to identify, prioritize, and recommend alternate solutions and risk mitigation strategies;
- Leads complex assignments involving software development life cycle, project planning, upgrade, build, optimization, resource allocation and implementation;
- Leads the evaluation of new software and upgrades for complex solutions;
- Manages technical changes, verifying testing results, and adhering to technical and business standards compliance;
- Performs and/or coordinates complex assignments involving project planning, analysis, testing, monitoring, reporting, optimization and implementation;
- Serves as escalation for troubleshooting application issues and system errors, and escalates to vendor as required;
- Gathers functional and business requirements and collaborates with other IT staff and/or vendors to produce the desired output;
- Leads, coordinates and participates in application upgrades and changes;
- Documents functions and changes to new or modified functionality;
- Participates in change processes and prioritization; implements approved system enhancements, releases and optimizations;
- Provides information and support to Instructional Designers to facilitate end user training;
- Provides input to the development of formal business cases when new or enhanced business solutions are proposed;
- Provides updates on fixes to known issues and planned updates and upgrades;
- Troubleshoots application issues and system error and escalates to Tier 3 or vendor as required
- Work with the business to develop detailed user acceptance test cases and flows; including devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments and coordinating testing
- Attends meetings to review end user and tracking and trending issues, workflow problems, system capabilities, monitoring feedback, and potential system enhancement needs
- Generate Discovery and Gap Analysis for Probation Case Management System (CMS)
- Implementation plan and design for Probation CMS
- Probation CMS interface design
- Traceability requirements for Probation CMS
- Probation CMS application configuration
- Testing Iterations for Probation CMS
- Provide knowledge transfer to County internal team members by leading knowledge transfer sessions.
- Mandatory Training and Experience Required: Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities.
- Possession of a Bachelor\'s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field, And
- Six (6) years of experience providing technical and/or analytical support in the functional area(s) being supported, three (3) years of which is at the level comparable to the County\'s Business System Analyst; Or
- Training and experience equivalent to the possession of a Bachelor\'s degree. Relevant analytical, administrative, lead, supervisory or management experience that includes interpreting rules and regulations, gathering data and formulating recommendations, and report writing can substitute for education on a year-for-year basis; And
- Eight (8) years of experience providing technical and/or analytical support in the functional area(s) being supported, three (3) years of which is at the level comparable to the County\'s Business System Analyst classification.
- Experience working with public agencies and law enforcement is a plus.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.