Raleigh, North Carolina
June 17, 2020
ITD MES Architect
About The Opportunity
NC Dept. of Health and Human Services is seeking Data Architects to perform work for the federally-required Medicaid Enterprise System implementation project.
- The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Information Technology Division (ITD) is seeking a long-term Data Architect to perform work associated with the Medicaid Enterprise Systems (MES) project.
- This person will lead the design of highly complex and innovative data architectures, will participate within an industry best-practice Enterprise Architecture methodology and will oversee the implementation and operation of various vendor-provided technology solutions.
- This person must be able to work directly with business and process owners to evaluate their needs and to translate those needs into highly effective functional and non-functional requirements.
- This role is responsible for the development and refinement of Data Management standards and processes along with documentation to support all aspects of the data architectures. This documentation will include aspects of Master Data Management along with various types of data modeling and data stewardship. This role requires a person that possesses a strong and diverse background in both traditional and modern data architecture concepts, tools, solutions and practices. This person must have working knowledge of the various platforms that are available and how different analytical, reporting and business intelligence tools will function within different environments. Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive familiarity with relational databases as well as other types (Graph Database, NoSQL) and the relative advantages and disadvantages of each
- Extensive familiarity with business intelligence, analytical and reporting tools
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies
- Experience performing schema design
- Experience designing and enforcing business rules to ensure data quality
- Experience with data integration and mapping
- Familiarity with metadata and best practices for metadata collection, storage, and management
- Familiarity with Data Management and Data Governance best practices, tools and practices
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Strong technical writing skills
- Experience designing robust environments in support high availability and disaster recovery
- Work effectively with data stewards and business owners
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with healthcare data, especially Medicaid or similar industry
- Familiarity with HIPAA rules and regulations
- Familiarity with CMS certification processes
- Experience drafting and reviewing RFP’s or other procurement documents
- Experience working within TOGAF, FEA or other Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- Extensive familiarity with relational databases as well as other types (Graph Database, NoSQL) and the relative advantages and disadvantages of each Required 7 Years
- Extensive familiarity with business intelligence, analytical and reporting tools Required 7 Years
- Experience leveraging cloud technologies Required 4 Years
- Excellent general IT knowledge (applications development, testing, deployment, operations, documentation, standards, best practices. Required 7 Years
- Experience with Technical Proposal Evaluations Required 7 Years
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability present to both technical and business audiences. Required 7 Years
- Experience working with various vendors and coordinating with the Systems Integrator Required 7 Years
- Experience with data integration and mapping Required 5 Years
- Knowledge on Claims and Financial Processing Required 5 Years
- Experience working on Agile Projects Required 3 Years
- Local candidates preferred. Required 0
- experience in Data Governance , Modelling and Architecture Required
- Knowledge of the Medicaid Systems and Solutions Highly desired 7 Years
- Knowledge of the MITA Business, Information and Technical architectures Highly desired 4 Years
- Experience with MES Certification Desired 2 Years
- Knowledge on Oracle, MS SQL Databases. Highly desired 7 Years
- Experience participating or leading projects using an Agile methodology. Desired 0
- Knowledge on Java, J2EE, JSP, JVM, Servlets. Desired 0
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.