June 19, 2020
Project/Program Manager IV
About The Opportunity
Individuals with successful project management experience limited to projects of small scope, limited risk and complexity and/or of short duration. Individuals at this level will typically be assigned to manage projects under the direction of a State supervisor or manager. Individuals with this level of experience are suitable for small Client Agency projects with clear, achievable outcomes, or in assignment as project support on larger projects. Individuals at this level can also be used to in the capacity of a Project Controller, provided that they can satisfy the basic requirements of that position. Advanced level: Individuals with a mastery of project management skills, qualifications and experience. This individual shall function effectively with very little supervision, while maintaining a high professional standard. They are assigned to extremely complex and/or high risk projects that reflect the highest priorities of state government. These individuals are comfortable working with the highest levels of state government and are able to contribute to the furtherance of the states’ objectives. These individuals have the necessary skills and experience to assist in statewide project portfolio management and/or IT Investment Management.
- The purpose of this request is to procure Project Management services for ODOT Transportation Development Branch. The contractor will be responsible for project management of multiple small initiatives and the coordination of maintenance tasks. The role of this contractor may include:
- The development, maintenance, and implementation of project plans in accordance with standard project management methodologies.
- Reporting status and project metrics to agency executive management.
- Operating in a matrix environment– overseeing multiple timelines and performance measurement criteria.
- Organizing, facilitating and communicating project activities within the organization
- Documenting project milestones for audit purposes.
- Leading and coordinating software implementation activities including data and system integration activities.
- Facilitation and coordination of workgroup meetings, requirements clarifications, business processes, and joint application development sessions.
- Candidates must have strong knowledge of Data and System Analysis as well as advanced knowledge of Project Management.
- Ideal candidates will have knowledge of linear asset management or spatial data
- Candidates shall function effectively with very little supervision, while maintaining a high professional standard. Candidate will be assigned to complex projects and must be comfortable working with all levels of the organization and able to contribute to the furtherance of the states’ objectives.
- Must have experience working with systems with multiple interfaces to external agency systems
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing
- Must have the ability to interact with customers, vendors, lead meetings, clearly understand customer needs, and document those needs
- Must have experience in data management, requirements management, functional specification writing, and testing procedures
- Should be familiar with relational database concepts
- Must have the ability to build a work breakdown structure and schedule informed by team resources
- Must have experience creating and controlling budget, schedule and resource plans according to project management best practices
- Desirable experience in business analysis, and data analysis
- Business Analysis Proficient Yes
- Communication skills both verbal and written Expert Yes
- Data Analysis Expert Yes
- Linear Asset or Spatial Data Analysis Proficient Yes
- Microsoft SQL Server Novice No
- MicrosoftOffice Expert Yes
- MS Visio Proficient Yes
- Project management Expert Yes
- SQL Novice Yes
- Systems Analysis Proficient Yes
6 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.