San Jose, California
June 22, 2020
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- Responsibilities and Typical Tasks:
- Monitors data quality, and analytical systems usage, and takes corrective and enhancement actions as necessary;
- Leads the IT enterprise-wide technical and business discussions relative to future enterprise direction;
- Develops IT strategy and aligns the strategy with organization goals;
- Establishes the scope of information architecture activities, including external (industry) collaboration areas;
- Oversees the implementation of a discipline and approach for information assets;
- Consults on the identification of information that the organization produces and consumes;
- Consolidates a business view of data across the education, research and administrative functions;
- Reviews and approves data model designs with a focus on those areas influencing interoperability, analytics including compliance with the portfolio information model;
- Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements for the IT enterprise-wide level;
- Approves modification of the information architecture to accommodate project needs;
- Leads the development and execution of a communication and education plan for the IT system architecture; responsible for the overall training and development of the architect family staff;
- Collaborates in defining solution architecture for Master Data Management (MDM);
- Reviews and approves the strategic requirements, principles, models and designs that strengthen the network effect of sharing such information across the IT system;
- Collaborates in the definition and implementation of the enterprise disaster recovery approach and plan for the recovery of the IT service portfolio and environment, to meet the need for immediate business continuity and resumption;
- Provides strategic consultation to clients and IT teams; advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology priorities;
- Develops IT enterprise-wide policies, standards, guidelines and procedures pertaining to information architecture, sharing and integration;
- Collaborates with other IT teams in the management of technical change, verification of testing results, and monitoring of technical standards compliance and deployment;
- Confirms regulatory issues are considered surrounding information assets (such as consumer privacy laws, data retention policies, outsourced data and specific industry guidelines are adhered to;
- Reviews and approves the organizational requirements for the resources, structures and cultural changes necessary to support initiatives;
- Designs semantic data layers/models for web, business intelligence and reporting systems;
- Provide knowledge transfer to County internal team members by leading knowledge transfer sessions.
- Mandatory Training and Experience Required: Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities.
- Possession of a Bachelor\'s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, System Analysis or a related field from an accredited college,
- Fifteen (15) years of IT and business/industry work experience including data modeling, data integration, metadata management, master data management, business intelligence and analytics, or establishment of data architecture. Five (5) years of experience must have been at a level comparable to the County\'s Information Architect. OR
- Possession of a Bachelor\'s degree from an accredited college,
- Seventeen (17) years of IT and business/industry work experience including data modeling, data integration, metadata management, master data management, business intelligence and analytics, or establishment of data architecture. Five (5) years of experience must have been at a level comparable to the County\'s Information Architect.
- PREFERRED CERTIFICATION:
- TOGAF 9.X
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.