Raleigh, North Carolina
June 23, 2020
Project Manager- Expert
About The Opportunity
Project Manager needed with previous experience with complex IT projects, including data center relocation, migration from a physical to virtual server environment, and moving to enterprise Active Directory solutions.
- Candidates will be allowed to work remotely but will be required to come onto the office for occasional meetings. The Project Manager will be required to come onsite the first day to collect the laptop and for an orientation.
- The North Carolina Division of Employment Security has a need for an experienced IT Technical Project Manager. This position will be responsible for managing two complex, interdependent projects to migrate mission critical services to managed enterprise solutions. The first involves migrating from a local Active Directory service and the second is the migration and consolidation of mission critical data center assets. The Technical Project Manager is needed to aid and support the Agency in planning and managing several mission critical, time sensitive projects. Candidates must have previous experience with complex IT projects, including data center relocation, migration from a physical to virtual server environment, and moving to enterprise Active Directory solutions. This position will interact at all levels and across multiple organizations, including agency business, IT executives. IT operations, and private sector vendors. The Project Manager will:
- Manage and direct a project to move servers/systems from a local agency data center to a hosted solution in an enterprise data center managed by the Department of Information Technology.
- Provide technical leadership for the project team comprised of vendor & state technical resources.
- Work on complex problems where analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors to achieve best results.
- Work effectively with internal and external clients, third party vendors, and senior management in accomplishing project objectives.
- Evaluate complex situations accurately and identify viable solutions that create successful outcomes for the customer.
- Work closely with the Project Sponsor(s) and to facilitate decisions necessary for project delivery.
- Manage effective project oversight and reviews to affect project success.
- Participating in the requirements, design, development, validation testing and implementation phases of the project and minimize the impact on the Division of Employment Security’s ability to serve the citizens of North Carolina.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans that provides the necessary oversight to manage and monitor project schedules, procurement, resource acquisition, budget, deployment, user acceptance testing, open issues, change and release management.
- Develop and maintain project documentation including schedules/timelines and various detailed plans for Communication, Risk Management, Deployment, design, engineering, and others as required.
- Develop and maintain \"lessons-learned\" for utilization on future projects.
- Communicate and Resolve resource, budgeting, and change issues affecting the project.
- Oversee change requests associated with the project.
- Oversee vendor relations and procurement related to the project
- Develop and maintain status reports, decision, and issue logs.
- Participating in the acceptance of deliverables
- Strong understanding of project management principles, tools, and templates. Required 5 Years
- Technical knowledge and experience with active directory and data center operations Required 5 Years
- Knowledge of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) methodologies Required 5 Years
- Skilled communicator at all levels of organization Required 5 Years
- Proven experience delivering projects on time, within budget, as designed, that are accurate and meet customer requirements and expectations. Required 5 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.