Columbia, South Carolina
June 26, 2020
CL - Business Analyst - Consultant
About The Opportunity
- SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
- The SCDHHS MMRP O&M team is seeking one (1) Business Analyst (BA) Consultant to work on the O&M Analysis team. O&M BAs are responsible for researching Production defects and enhancement requests; developing workarounds; writing Business Cases to resolve issues and implement enhancements; gathering/revising business and functional requirements; and reviewing Technical Design Documents (TDD) for Operations work items. This BA will work in a lead/consultant capacity, assigning and reviewing work for other O&M BAs, managing the team’s workload, liaising with management, and enforcing O&M processes and procedures.
- O&M BAs may also be assigned to review MMRP Design, Development, and Implementation (DDI) artifacts including Business Requirement Documents (BRD), Technical Design Specifications (TDS), and Architectural Design Documents (ADD) for potential operational conflicts or concerns. OBJECTIVES TO BE FULFILLED BY CANDIDATE:
- The selected candidate will serve as the O&M (Operations & Maintenance) Systems/Business Analyst Lead, under supervision by the O&M Analysis manager and/or the O&M Manager. The O&M BA researches and documents defects in the MMRP (Member Management Replacement Program) systems including IBM Cúram; communicates with leadership and stakeholders to gather requirements for bugfixes and enhancements; and develops business cases and provides input throughout the SDLC. The O&M BA Lead will be responsible for assigning and reviewing work for other O&M BAs, managing the team’s workload, liaising with management, and enforcing O&M processes and procedures. Specific duties include:
- Performs systems analysis activities for the Production MMRP systems.
- Gathers and develops business requirements and acceptance criteria for Production defects and enhancements
- Develops business cases compliant with established processes and rules
- Communicates with business owners, contractor analysts, and developers as needed throughout the SDLC
- Reviews QA and UA test cases and provides feedback
- Advises the O&M Analysis Manager on operational impacts, technical analysis, and other concerns
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) for the Production MMRP systems including IBM Cúram and associated processes.
- Attends and contributes to meetings regarding the existing and planned functionality of the MMRP systems
- Reviews business, functional, and technical requirements/documents and provides feedback
- Maintains knowledge and appropriate understanding of replacement eligibility systems through training, documentation review, and other means
- Communicates operational and technical concerns/observations to appropriate parties
- Provides support and analysis related to MMRP systems.
- Completes work on escalated E&E Systems Helpdesk and Data Integrity work items, as needed
- Researches system defects and develops/verifies workarounds
- Meets with stakeholders as directed and contributes to defect/enhancement prioritization based on issue trends
- Ensures newly-identified defects are documented and escalated per defined procedures
- Acts as a Lead Business Analyst, assigning and reviewing work for other O&M BAs, managing the team’s workload, liaising with management, and enforcing O&M processes and procedures.
- Attends assigned trainings and performs other duties as assigned. PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- Experience working with and/or performing Business Analysis activities for IBM Cúram Medicaid solutions (HCR/CGIS)
- Experience working with Medicaid Eligibility policy and process
- Experience with any of the following software tools used by MMRP O&M:
- Atlassian Confluence
- Atlassian JIRA
- Bizagi Modeler
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Splunk: Search & Reporting
- Experience with MMIS (Medicaid Management Information System) – operations or project/development
- REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
- 1 year of Business Analysis experience with IBM Cúram Social Program Management
- 5 years of experience in government IT projects as a business/systems analyst or performing related duties
- 5 years of experience gathering and documenting business rules, requirements, and processes
- Experience reviewing others’ work and providing feedback
- Experience managing the workload and assigning work for a team
- 2 years of Medicaid Eligibility or other social services experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop well-written Use Cases consumable by business and technical staff
- Ability to gather business rules, requirements, and processes by interviewing business users and stakeholders and mining from documents, federal/state rules and regulations, etc.
- Knowledge of formal business process documentation including best practices.
- Understanding of business process modeling, including ability to utilize graphical process modeling tools
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with staff at all levels including executive leadership, middle management, front-line supervisors, and front-line workers REQUIRED EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, business, or healthcare field.
- Equivalent (4 years’) experience in business/systems analysis and/or computer systems development/modification may be substituted.Required Skill Years’ of Experience:Performing business/systems analysis functions with IBM Cúram Social Program Management 1 yearPerforming business/systems analysis functions within a government IT project 5 yearsGathering and documenting business rules, requirements, and processes 5 yearsReviewing others’ work and providing feedback 2 yearsManaging workload and assignments for a small team 2 yearsMedicaid Eligibility or other social services experience 2 yearsWritten and verbal communication 5 yearsDeveloping well-written Use Cases consumable by business and technical staff 5 yearsGathering business rules, requirements, and processes by interviewing business users and stakeholders and mining from documents, federal/state rules and regulations, etc. 5 yearsKnowledge of formal business process documentation including best practices 5 yearsUnderstanding of business process modeling, including ability to utilize graphical process modeling tools 5 yearsAbility to communicate with staff effectively and professionally at all levels including executive leadership, middle management, front-line supervisors, and front-line workers 5 years
12 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.