June 30, 2020
IT Security Analyst 3
About The Opportunity
Monitor and advise on information security issues related to the systems and workflow at an agency to ensure the internal IT security controls for an agency are appropriate and operating as intended.
- This position is required to protect the health, safety, and welfare of Michigan residents. The incident response team is the primary security team directly responscible for responding, containing and coordinating remediation efforts for all cyber security threats on all SOM managed endpoints, servers, and network. The scope of this position extends statewide. Incident response applies to any cyber security event that occurs within State of Michigan networks and infrastructure. Cyber security incident response team must address all of these attacks in a timely manner. This involves the need to identify and prioritize the incidents that represent the most significant risk to State of Michigan assets. In the case of critical incidents, it is imperative to contain the attack and assist in the recovery of systems so that State of Michigan employees can continue to provide key services to state residents and partners. Incident response position serves to ensure State of Michigan computer networks and infrastructure remain fully operational, and the integrity of its data is preserved. As such, the incident response team has the following implications:
- Social – continuous or halted delivery of services to state residents, secure or compromised private information of state clients.
- Economic – lower or higher costs of recovery that state residents must absorb.
- Political – sustained or diminished trust in state government.
- Operational – efforts to maintain and restore technical services across the State of Michigan.
- Organizational – collaboration or tensions between organizational units within DTMB and across the State of Michigan.
- Incident response involves investigation of all security events. Incident response team members serve as first responders. They must quickly determine the scope and severity of a security incident, and then decide to either pursue it to resolution or escalate to teams with more specialized knowledge and skills. Failure to backfill this position will significantly impair the ability of the IR team to respond to security events.
- Experience with using and customizing SIEM products Desired 2 Years
- SANS training Desired
- CISSP Desired
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.