Raleigh, North Carolina
July 1, 2020
Sr Project Manager
About The Opportunity
The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking a senior project manager to manage the planning, procurement and implementation of a Statewide IT project
- The NC Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is a senior project manager to manage the planning and implementation of a statewide IT project. This lead project management role will work with the selected vendor(s) to analyze, plan and modernize County Admin system. This position will be responsible for working with senior-level business executives, IT personnel, business program resources and Vendor staff to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations. This position will manage the day to day activities for the project and complete all input to the State Project Management (Touchdown) system as needed. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervising business case development activities, ensuring that project plans and schedules are established and maintained, ensuring that deliverables are completed timely and accurately
- Developing and maintaining detailed project schedule, budget and monitoring expenditures
- Developing and maintaining all required project management artifacts following State, DHHS and PMBOK guidelines
- Working with vendors to manage contract deliverables, oversee all vendor activities to ensure that all the milestones are met
- Establishing project governance, conducting formal presentations, coordinating with all project stakeholders and ensure that appropriate project controls are instituted
- Serving as an IT project liaison to the business client
- Working with business stakeholders to develop necessary project management, change management rollout and training plans
- Working with the technical team to ensure technical readiness during implementation Skills:
- The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of leading effective project meetings that are tailored to the audience
- Ability to create cost benefit analysis and develop business case documents
- Ability to create simple to complex project plans, timelines and work breakdown structures using project management tools.
- Ability to write and present effective project materials, including presentations and status reports
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve system or business process/project issues.
- Ability to build, influence, lead and motivate effective teams towards end results.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including development of project
Project management experience, preferably with large, complex automation implementation efforts involving vendor managment Required 7 Years Demonstrated Project Management experience on system deployments with multiple clients Required 7 Years Proven track record of delivering IT projects within budget, scope and schedule. Required 7 Years Objective decision-making ability based on strategic objectives priority, business performance analysis and resource availability Required Hands on experience managing project risk, cost, schedule, quality, testing, and communications. Required 7 Years Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills. Required Demonstrated presentation, training skills, oral and written communication skills. Required Solid work experience with project management tools (e.g. Microsoft Project) Required 7 Years Experience with MS Office Required 7 Years
- PMI certification Project Management Professional (PMP) Highly desired
- State Government experience Highly desired
- Experience managing implementation of a statewide IT project Highly desired
- Experience developing business case documents, conducting market and cost analysis Highly desired 5 Years
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.