July 8, 2020
Warehouse Associate - Second Shift
About The Opportunity
Candidate will be responsible for receiving, stocking, picking, packing, shipping and inventories products within the warehouse. Reporting directly to the Operations Manager. This is a Second Shift starting at 5 PM to 1:30 AM (or until work is complete). Client is the premier distributor of Automotive Paint, Body and Equipment (PBE) warehouse distributor. Candidates with a warehouse/distribution center background would be helpful..
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Receiving
- Receive items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Assist checking in product and matching purchase orders.
- Move materials and items from receiving or storage areas to designated areas. Stocking
- Organizes and stocks shelves with products. Picking
- Read orders to determine part numbers and quantities of product.
- Obtain product from stock bins or shelves.
- Use a hand-held Radio Frequency Warehouse Management System Scanner Packing
- Load products for shipment, either in boxes or on pallets. Shipping
- Prepare shipping documents according to Department of Transportation regulations.
- Read and review customer orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved,gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Load orders on trucks. Inventory Control
- Monitor inventory to assess what needs to be ordered and replaced in warehouse. General
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Stocking of product as necessary.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors. Tools used in this position:
- Radio Frequency Warehouse Management System Scanners
- Forklifts; Pallet trucks – Electric pallet jacks; Manual pallet jacks
- Shipping scales
- Preferred Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. There requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent GED; or up to one to three months related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear or smell, up to 8 hours per day. The employee is occasionally required to sit.The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision. Required Skills
- Warehouse Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
- Minimum Qualifications
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Customer Service -Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Communications -Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in pre-shift meetings; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others\'views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone\'s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support –Follows policies and procedures.
- Attendance/Punctuality -Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality;applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security -Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.