San Jose, California
July 8, 2020
GIS Security Engineer
About The Opportunity
Security Developer - Vulnerability Management
- As a Developer on Client’s Information Security Vulnerability Management team, you will be joining a small highly skilled technical team where you will assist with the design, implementation, security and ongoing support of the Vulnerability Management program.
- This position will work directly with teams inside and outside of InfoSec to deliver our overarching Vulnerability Management strategy across all of Client to ensure our global environments are secured and identified vulnerabilities are addressed by respective teams across Client. You will be an critical member of our Information Security Vulnerability Management team to ensure our global environments are secured and identified vulnerabilities are addressed by respective teams across Client.
- As a Vulnerability Management Developer, the ideal candidate will have deep experience working with and configuring Qualys, Jira, and Service Now. The right candidate will have a passion for cybersecurity, a background in vulnerability management, and be a clear communicator with a track record of delivering critical initiatives through steady and focused forward momentum.
- In your developer role, you will be expected to leverage your scripting and coding skills to enable more efficient data visibility from Qualys and drive improved process management.On a continual basis, this position depends on solid analytical skills to drive operational improvements both individually as well as through close coordination with the Vulnerability Management, Service Now and Jira functional teams. Roles & Responsibilities
- Experience with RDBMS databases MySql, Postgres
- Experience with API design and development
- Hands on with Single Sign On, MFA implementation
- Experienced with software migrations from Python2 to Python3
- Experience full stack development of applications. Writing code, unit testing, integration testing, deploying & support.
- Ability to debug configuration issues
- Creation of Dashboards, Visualizations, Statistical reports, scheduled searches and alerts
- Ability to write scripts and query databases to extract and transform data
- Knowledge of ServiceNow & Jira
- BS or MS in computer science or related fields
- Experience writing and maintaining tools and scripts to support automation and operations.
- Solid experience in vulnerability scanning & compliance monitoring using Qualys and equivalent tools.
- Driven to automate and improve continuously
- Background in engineering and analytics with solid communications skills.
- Experience in cross coordination with other engineering teams to deliver strategic objectives.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines. Individual with desire to learn and teach others,
- High energy with a positive team-oriented attitude
- Ability to work independently on initiatives with little oversight.
- Leadership skills along with a process and procedure-oriented mindset, working in a large service provider organization, with proven experience handling confidential information in a professional manner.
- Strong analytical skills/problem solving/conceptual thinking.
- Experience with enterprise-scale operations and maintenance environments
- Industry recognized security certifications – preferred
- Preference for at least one current recognized security professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, or ISO 27001 Lead Auditor Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
- Professional Skills:
- Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner
- Can do attitude and team first mentality
- Good communication (Written & Oral), Interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Built and/or maintained tools to get the job done
- Love to learn new things and strive to continuously learn and challenge yourself and others
- Lots of enthusiasm and the drive to learn and adapt to support business needs
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.