July 8, 2020
About The Opportunity
This position is responsible for contacting patients before discharge for all financial obligations by the patients. This position reviews applications for financial assistance and can assist in screening patients for Medicaid and Indigent Care, etc. Provides estimated quotes as requested and negotiates prompt pay discounts and makes payment arrangements on high dollar deductibles and co-pays. Work all self-pay accounts for payment and refers to supervisor for medical necessity review with ordering physician.
- Shift Start: 8:00 AM Shift End: 5:00 PM
- Hours Guaranteed: 40
- Will not accommodate blocked scheduling.
- No Weekend Requirement.
- Dress Code (business professional, business casual, scrub color, etc.): Business Professional.•
- Customer Service
- Follows the TMFHS 25 Customer Service set standards.
- Pre-admits/ Financial Review/Assessment/Arrangements
- Follows P&P for screening patient for financial assistance. Discuss and finalize payment arrangements with patient prior to date of service for high deductibles, pending approvals, limited benefits and self-pay scenarios.
- Communication Techniques
- Friendly, professional and confidential communicational skills maintained at all times.
- Personal & Professional Development
- Demonstrates growth in attendance standards, job specific skills, and cross training.
- Medical Insurance knowledge
- Demonstrate their knowledge of identifying In network and Out of Network Insurance companies for the patient. Notifies patients timely of their out of network status and financial impact.
- Collects payments pre-service, prior to hospital discharge or arranges satisfactory repayment plans for those patients who do not qualify for full financial assistance.
- Quote prices of procedures from price book or electronic estimation tools
- 2 Years’ Experience Required as Financial Counselor and Medical Terminology.
- EMR Used: EPIC
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of Clerical Experience
- Accuracy in typing and knowledge of computers and internet service.
- Fax Machine and Multi-line Telephone
- Self-motivated and directed, dependable, with strong organizational skills, Excellent customer service skills. Pleasant,friendly profession voice. Strong prioritization & problem solving skills Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.