July 13, 2020
About The Opportunity
Note: Local and GC or Citizen candidates preferred.
- The JAVA Engineer / Analyst role occasionally requires travel within the state of Maryland. Must have a valid driver’s license. Summary:
- The Administrative Office of the Courts (AOC) on behalf of Judicial Information Systems (JIS) seeking one (1) JAVA Engineer / Analyst with a strong understanding of core java and microservices architecture. The candidate must support currently deployed internal and external applications and be able to design, develop and implement scalable and complete applications within tight deadlines. The candidate should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages and design as well as third-party libraries. As a member of a cross-functional team that is responsible for the SDLC, the chosen candidate will be responsible for development of applications from conception to deployment.
- Located in Annapolis, Maryland, Judicial Information Systems (JIS) is comprised of six units including application development and support, hardware installation and maintenance, operation of the Data Center computer systems, and support of online case management and business applications at the District and Circuit Courts across the state. Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Serve as a primary Subject Matter Expert (SME) as well as provide through leadership and incorporate best practices in Services-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Microservices design and implementation.
- Evaluates business rules and objectives in order to design new object-oriented solution components within an SOA architecture. Prepares and implements automated test solutions for each component.
- Responsible for analyzing, testing, debugging and repairing existing J2EE applications.
- Expertise in Core Java and JavaEE platform with Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Multithreading, Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Develop SOAP, RESTful Webservices and APIs with JSON and XML
- Evaluates event-driven integration requirements in order to design new J2EE integration interfaces. Prepares and implements automated test solutions for each new interface.
- Analyzes User Interface requirements in order to design and implement new Web Applications.
- Prepares and maintains documentation for all software development phases (Use Cases, Design Documents, UML, Technical Documentation)
- Packages and configures J2EE components for deployment across Development, Test and Production Environments. Components include web services, EJB, shared libraries, frontend Web Applications and Stand-alone applications. Servers include Oracle Application Server, linux VMs, Stand-alone AIX Server(s). Configuration utilizes ANT scripts, jenkins scripts and includes Security configuration.
- Must be available for 24/7 support of critical J2EE applications. a. Applications supported include but are not limited to the following:
- i. Electric Citation (e-Citation) support
- ii. Maryland Case Search and Indexing
- iii. Board of Law Web Application
- iv. Traffic Processing Data Entry (Swing Application)
- v. ESB messaging to and from the Odyssey Case Management System
- vi. Other J2EE deployed Applications currently under development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and 8+ years of experience in the field
- The candidate must have hands-on experience with:
- Good communication and documentation skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to break down complex concepts into organized and concise units.
- Must be able to work in an agile, self-motivated environment with multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented concepts, design patterns and UML notation.
- Solid experience with Reverse Engineering and Refactoring code.
- Experience in Java (6, 8) development
- Experience working with build tools like Maven, Gradle
- Knowledge of application development utilizing Spring Boot framework and security
- Knowledge of security like Oauth2 and SAML
- Experience with versioning control system like CVS/Git/SVN
- High level understanding of XML documents, syntax and validations.
- Complete knowledge of the W3C XML Schema (XSD) specifications.
- Ability to quickly evaluate, learn and prototype new technologies.
- Knowledge of technologies used in existing systems:
- Knowledge of technologies for new interface and event-driven components:
- Java EE 6, Java EE 8, JAX-WS, XML, XSLT, JPA, JAXB, JUNIT, EJB, WSDL, DOM, SAX, JDOM, SoapUI, JDBC, SQL, JDOM
- Knowledge of the following technologies for Web Application:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, end users and vendor development staff, as well as all levels of management and judicial personnel as necessary.
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.