Rochester, New York
July 22, 2020
Material Handler I
About The Opportunity
Loads, unloads, and moves materials within or near plant, yard, or work site with a powered vehicle.
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Reads work order and schedule or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand or using lifting equipment such as pallet jacks and power hoist. Required to load material onto various machines as needed.
- Conveys materials from designated storage areas on shop floor to work cells per the production schedule. Use power lift truck for the transfer, transport and storage of materials
- Identify and verify material as to quantity and specifications.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials moved or handled on daily production sheet.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into groups for appropriate use
- Operates industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Completes computer transactions to relieve inventory and maintain accurate material movements.
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations and maintain all required power lift truck certifications.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school education or equivalent; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.