July 24, 2020
AP Specialist II
About The Opportunity
- Collects purchase orders, matches them with invoices, obtains proper approval and pays invoices in a timely manner. May deal with vendors to resolve problems. Maintains checking account. Prepares monthly general ledger entries. Gathers all charges for patients and posts them to their accounts.
- Posts cash receipts to patient accounts or general ledger accounts and balances accounts daily. May accumulate statistics for monthly board report, medical staff report and year-end Medicare cost report. Runs weekly and monthly billing program via computer.
- Mon-Fri 8hr days
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Process payments for all invoices for various CHRISTUS Health organizations that include Christus Health Corporate Office, Christus Health Support Centers in Houston and San Antonio, TLRA, USFHP, Christus Health Employee Benefits Fund and Christus Health Insurance Fund. Ensure all invoices are paid by the required due dates.
- Ensure appropriate authorization is present. Ensure matching to PO when applicable. Validate mathematical accuracy of the document and review coding. Responsible for processing American Express travel account invoices and AT&T bills to include obtaining appropriate approvals for payment. Responsible for establishment and maintenance of up-to-date authorization card files to ensure all invoices have proper approvals before processing for payment.
- Responsible for copying and distributing all inter company information to appropriate field locations by assigned due date. Respond to customer and vendor questions, and requests in a timely manner. Calls should be returned within a 24-hour period. All issues should be resolved as soon as possible. Prepare manual checks as requested Prepare stop payments as required and forward to Treasury.
- Ensure process for voiding and reissuing checks is followed. Ensure that W-9s are obtained for all vendors during the year. Complete special projects as needed.
- Ensure all projects are completed by specified deadlines. Cross-train with other Accounts Payable Specialists. Ensure ability to fill in as needed or required.
- Minimum Qualifications A. Education/Skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent (prefer some college)
- Thorough knowledge accounting principles
- Thorough knowledge of full cycle accounts payable required Strong software skills ( MS Excel & Word) EDI Processing (a plus)
- Team Player
- Excellent written and verbal skills required
- Excellent interpersonal skills B. Experience:
- Minimum five years of experience in accounts payable
- Thorough understanding of debits, credits, & general ledger
- Thorough experience and knowledge of the annual 1099 process
- Excellent organizational skills for file maintenance -- both paper and electronic C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications: None Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
6 + Months
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 107
Hi! My name is Sushil Singh. Helping consultants with getting their desired job is what makes me feel alive. I build a unique relationship with each of my consultants and work on their profile as per their needs. I believe that my consultants are my assets and this motivates me to serve them in an even better manner. Hence, I work towards the success of every consultant I work with.