August 6, 2020
Quality Control Associates
About The Opportunity
- Responsible for the quality and consistency testing of all finished goods manufactured, all raw materials received and all products manufactured by co-packers. Tests & documents all company QC analytical data. Roles & Responsibilities Essential Functions: 1. Quality Control a. Daily Production
- Obtains multiple samples throughout the day of all soil and dry fertilizers being produced in facility. Performs daily QC audits.
- Tests and verifies pH, EC, PPM, Moisture % and bulk density of all products being produced and confirms that they are all within parameters and company standards. Works with production to adjust as needed.
- Ensures production mix line hoppers are calibrated prior to and during production.
- Performs routine visual inspections of all manufactured products for product uniformity, consistency, molds, contaminants or insects infestations prior to production.
- Verifies consistency of the company’s products lot codes, weights and measures, bag and box seals.
- Evaluates product consistency, stability and potency.
- Communicates with supervisor & production supervisor when problems are identified. b. Raw Material
- Test all incoming raw materials as received. Performs daily QC audits.
- Tests pH, EC, PPM, Moisture % and bulk density of all raw materials received and verifies they are all within parameters and company standards.
- Perform visual inspection of all raw materials for product uniformity, consistency, molds, contaminants or insects infestations.
- Checks and tests consistency of raw materials on a monthly basis.
- Tracks all raw material locations, piles and data to evaluate consistency, stability, and potency.vi. Communicates with supervisor & production supervisor when problems are identified. c. Finished Goods Inventory
- Assists QC Tech II with the testing of all finished goods inventory monthly.
- Tests pH, EC, PPM and bulk density of all finished products to insure company QC parameters are still met.
- Perform visual inspection of all finished goods ready for sale for packaging defects or discoloration.
- Checks consistency of finished goods and inspects products for packaging defects, product uniformity, consistency, molds, contaminants or insects infestations.Field Code Changed
- Ensures all finished good pallets are secured to pallets properly, no loose stretch wrap and pallet caps are adequately covering finished goods. Communicates with supervisor when problems are identified. 2. Housekeeping. a.QC Office
- Maintain clean and safe working environment by ensuring all materials are put away in their proper place when not in use.
- Keeps all QC lab equipment clean and properly calibrated. b. R&D Storage Area
- Maintain clean and safe working environment by ensuring all materials spilled on, under, or around working spaces are cleaned during down-time and at the end of each day. 3. General
- Regular attendance and timeliness.
- All other tasks as assigned.
- Physical Job Description:
1. Typical Working Conditions
- Warehouse covered by California Proposition 65.
- Exposure to hazardous materials.
- Exposure to natural temperature fluctuations.
- Exposure to varying noise levels.
- Exposure to air particulates.
- High levels of equipment traffic.
- Exposure to moving machinery. b. Greenhouse Environment
- Exposure to varying noise levels.
- Exposure to temperature fluctuations.
- Exposure to bright light sources.
- Exposure to hazardous materials. c. Laboratory Environment Financial Responsibility and Authority:
- Equipment: Ensure reasonable care and use of office, greenhouse and laboratory equipment and machinery.
- Financial: Lack of attention to detail could result in excessive waste of human resources, excessive waste of raw materials and product packaging, and/or poor quality finished goods, resulting in downtime, loss of production, and loss of profit.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Must have High School diploma.
- Experience with standard laboratory concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Experience with conventional and hydroponic gardening concepts, practices, and procedures.4
- Ability to identify patterns and correlations.
- Ability to maintain detailed records, record keeping
- Ability to multitask and prioritize duties.
- Ability to coordinate many activities.
- Ability to follow through assignments with a minimum of direction.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Basic skills of MS Word, Excel & Global Shop. Required Skills
- Quality Control - QC Audits Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.