August 14, 2020
About The Opportunity
The Laboratory Technician is cross-trained in all areas of an optical finishing lab and may perform some or all of the duties listed below.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- First Inspection Inspect block to ensure cleanliness and that adhesive pad has been placed on block correctly. Line up lens to the graphic on the screen and apply block. Be sure to distinguish between right and left lens
- Operate edging machines that are used to edge lens to proper size for frame requirements Read Rx to ensure that all previous work was done correctly. Place left lens in edger. Set up lens using judgment on variable information. Wand tray or punch tray number into edger and choose left lens. After lens is edged, take left lens out and place right lens in edger. As right lens is being edged, ensure that left lens fits properly in frame using hand tool. Occasionally perform light maintenance on edger machines. Check axis on edger machines twice per day. Occasionally empty buckets located underneath edger machines for water filtration.
- Use buffer to polish edges of lenses for cosmetic purposes.
- Tint Take lens out of tray and clean with Alcohol using Adept Wipes. Use clamps to put lenses in various color dyes to achieve desired results. Run water over lens after removing from dye
- Insert correct lens into correct side of frame (right and left lens). Ensure that lenses are correct size and fit into frame. Ensure that any special beveling needs are met for each individual Rx. Properly align frame by bending with fingers and/or tools. Verify the axis on all multi-focal lenses. Align bifocals and progressives to make sure they are straight across
- Final Inspection
- Using a lensometer, checking lens attributes against established standards. Verifying lens treatment and proper frame alignment against the RX. Make sure all lenses are cosmetically acceptable
- High School Diploma or GED Experience
- Optical background helpful Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge and understanding of Optical Industry
- Ability to represent the company in a professional manner
- Able and willing to work as a team
- Great communication, problem solving and follow through skillsBasic Math
- Must be able to work Overtime and alternate Saturdays
- Able to read and write English Language wellAble to memorize large amounts of data accurately
- Must possess basic computer knowledge and be able to use it effectively Physical Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and to use hands to grasp and manipulate. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Is consistently at work and on time
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Arrives at meetings and appointments on time NOT EXCLUSIVE:The duties outlined in this document are not limited to what is presented and are not exclusive. You may be asked from time to time to perform additional duties by your supervisor. Required Skills
- Laboratory Technician Work Authorization
- US Citizen
- Green Card
Please Contact me to discuss the hiring process!
Sr. Executive Recruiter
Contact: (310) 929-8421 Ext: 104
Hi! My name is Sumit Gupta. I treat all my consultants in a manner that they feel comfortable while working with me on any position they are applying for. Although, the motive is to find the best match for my consultants. But I make sure that I suggest them the right job matching their profile and work history by interacting with them in detail and follow-up with them at each and every level of the hiring process.